Probably how the Bills will be going after a QB

How can the # 53 pick be worth 340 points and a 2019 2nd round pick be worth 700 points?  I've read too over the years that to you need to de-value draft picks for one year out by one round.  Trading now for say the Bills 2019 1st round pick since they have the #12 pick overall  would only be worth the points given to the 12th pick in the 2nd round. 

The problem too I see with your whole concept is when buying good as compare too, there are plenty of auctions to go to.  So you don't overpay  at the one this week, maybe next weeks auction is on a rainy day so not many people show up and you get a better deal.  Different auctions, different attendees, and other variables.  Here same group of people and same bidders all the time.  So you're more at the mercy of the people selling or you'll continue to go home empty handed.  That may be the better option than over paying, but not if you really need a specific item.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How can the # 53 pick be worth 340 points and a 2019 2nd round pick be worth 700 points?  I've read too over the years that to you need to de-value draft picks for one year out by one round.  Trading now for say the Bills 2019 1st round pick since they have the #12 pick overall  would only be worth the points given to the 12th pick in the 2nd round. 

The problem too I see with your whole concept is when buying good as compare too, there are plenty of auctions to go to.  So you don't overpay  at the one this week, maybe next weeks auction is on a rainy day so not many people show up and you get a better deal.  Different auctions, different attendees, and other variables.  Here same group of people and same bidders all the time.  So you're more at the mercy of the people selling or you'll continue to go home empty handed.  That may be the better option than over paying, but not if you really need a specific item.

Gee, not really.   Maybe there are a lot of QB one week.  Maybe there are a lot of cheap, were-high-draft-pick veterans around this year.  Maybe it is a great year for blind-side offensive tackles.  Maybe most of the league is 7-9 to 9-7 this year, so good & bad teams are scrambled in draft sequence.  Maybe the early drafters took QB's the last 3 years and don't want to draft them but there are a lot of good QB's this year?   There is a lot of variation in the "bidders" year to year in the nfl draft.