Someone Answer Me One Question

San-O

How can we be in the fifth year of the TD regime and still not have an

offensive line in place. This team was torn apart, and rebuilt with all

TD guys, and now we have a rookie QB going behind center and

the only position we know for certain is RG.

Is this the way to build a team.

This really shows how bad the Bills have been at drafting O-linemen

and how poorly they have done on the 2nd day of the draft.

Oh yeah, TD does NOT get a pass this year because of a rookie QB.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Let's fire him now and start a complete rebuild job.

Hey, wait a minute. How does that help ?

271906[/snapback]

Maybe some people in then scouting department need to be fired.

Four years of drafting and we have MW, Marcus Price and Ross Tucker?

Please!

How can we be in the fifth year of the TD regime and still not have an

offensive line in place.  This team was torn apart, and rebuilt with all

TD guys, and now we have a rookie QB going behind center and

the only position we know for certain is RG.

Is this the way to build a team. 

This really shows how bad the Bills have been at drafting O-linemen

and how poorly they have done on the 2nd day of the draft.

Oh yeah,  TD does NOT get a pass this year because of a rookie QB.

271902[/snapback]

You make some good points about day 2, as let's also not forget about Ben Sobieski and Dylan McFarland.

Very few have even admitted that our line sucked. We've been trying to rebuild it since the K-gun days.

Why do people all of a sudden realize this line isn't something that can take us deep into the playoffs right now? And don't say it was because of the QB that the line sucked.

Very few have even admitted that our line sucked.  We've been trying to rebuild it since the K-gun days. 

Why do people all of a sudden realize this line isn't something that can take us deep into the playoffs right now?  And don't say it was because of the QB that the line sucked.

271914[/snapback]

All of the sudden? I've been irritated about the O-line for years

because we never seem to make much progress and we always

seem to be plugging holes.

What make sit really bad this year is we are going into the season

with a rookie QB.

Despite all the yelling here, the line could return 3 starters in Williams at RT, Chris V at RG and Teague at C. We wanted an upgrade at LG and knew Jennings would leave at LT. Those upgrades are a given.

Shelton may still be a possibility in a trade not involving Henry, Womack and DeMulling are awaiting a contract offer. Let's see how this plays out. I still think the hiring of Gregggggggg Williams was the biggest blunder, since Coaching makes such a huge difference in the Cap age. Mularkey and his staff are a vast improvement. I honestly don't see TD going anywhere for a while. You think 86 year old Ralph wants to start over ? You make valid points but this isn't a normal setup with a younger owner. TD is also the team President and runs the day to day operations.

Despite all the yelling here, the line could return 3 starters in Williams at RT, Chris V at RG and Teague at C. We wanted an upgrade at LG and knew Jennings would leave at LT. Those upgrades are a given.

Shelton may still be a possibility in a trade not involving Henry, Womack and DeMulling are awaiting a contract offer. Let's see how this plays out. I still think the hiring of Gregggggggg Williams was the biggest blunder, since Coaching makes such a huge difference in the Cap age. Mularkey and his staff are a vast improvement. I honestly don't see TD going anywhere for a while. You think 86 year old Ralph wants to start over ?  You make valid points but this isn't a normal setup with a younger owner. TD is also the team President and runs the day to day operations.

271923[/snapback]

And that's the good news, I think.

The Bills ranked 23rd in the league with 3.9 yards/carry.

That is not good.

Those numbers are probably for all rushes, not just RB's. If you factor out Bledsoe (along with Vick, McNabb, etc.) and just look at the carries for RB's around the league, I'll bet the Bills check in at a lot better than #23.

And that's the good news, I think.

That is not good.

271928[/snapback]

When your former QB is stuck in mud and sees 8 in the box most every game, maybe it affects the running game. Those stats you mentioned are from last year. Doesn't mean it rolls over into 2005. Let's allow the off-season to play out and give this a chance.

Those numbers are probably for all rushes, not just RB's. If you factor out Bledsoe (along with Vick, McNabb, etc.) and just look at the carries for RB's around the league, I'll bet the Bills check in at a lot better than #23.

271937[/snapback]

How many times do you think "the Statue" ran the ball. To run,

you generally have to be standing: upright!

:blush:

When your former QB is stuck in mud and sees 8 in the box most every game, maybe it affects the running game. Those stats you mentioned are from last year. Doesn't mean it rolls over into 2005. Let's let the off-season play out and give this a chance.

271946[/snapback]

Maybe. My point really is we have a below average line, lost probably

our best O-lineman, will have at least one new lineman starting next

year, and possibly as many as three or even four players changing

position.

It just doesn't bode well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot a rookie QB under center. How many false starts,

fumbled snaps and delay-of-game penalties will we rack up?

Dudes... you just don't get it.

You point to the offensive line as the rebuilding project? What about QB? No rebuild there? What about the HC? After 3 years of rebuilding with a rookie HC, wouldn't it be reasonable to take the next step with an experienced coach? Nope... Donahoe hires a rookie HC.

The deal is this... if I've said it once, I've said it a bizillion times.

Donahoe's job is not to make this team into a superbowl contender. Donahoe's job is to prepare this team for market. He's done that. Ralph wants this team positioned for quick sale once he wants out or dies. He has a team that has a very manageble salary cap, doesn't own a stadium, has a very friendly lease and opt out clause. Very attractive for a Dan Dnyder wannabe. So, the next owner will likely buy this team... look at the horrendous taxation in NYS, the third world economic situation in NYS, and the most corrupt, gutless, lazy, worthless politicians this world knows, not to mention the welfare woodchucks all over the state, and he will do the right and smart thing and say adios to NYS and move the team where the money is.

Hey... don't shoot the messenger folks... I'm only the voice of truth and reality... and it's a bitter pill to have to swallow. I understand that.

What choo talkin' 'bout?

I've been screaming for years about the piss-poor attention to the OL that TD has paid.

During one point in last year's training camp we had 13 Tackles and one "Guard" listed on the roster. Even Teague was listed as an OT. Until this offseason TD has brought in mostly OT's to fill every available position on the OL. Only recently has he brought in Guards. He brought in one Center and that was a walk-on FA from Louisville that didn't make the squad. This has been a pathetic showing by TD and it's been a long overlooked area of need.

Dudes... you just don't get it.

You point to the offensive line as the rebuilding project?  What about QB?  No rebuild there?  What about the HC?  After 3 years of rebuilding with a rookie HC, wouldn't it be reasonable to take the next step with an experienced coach?  Nope... Donahoe hires a rookie HC.

The deal is this... if I've said it once, I've said it a bizillion times.

Donahoe's job is not to make this team into a superbowl contender.  Donahoe's job is to prepare this team for market.  He's done that.    Ralph wants this team positioned for quick sale once he wants out or dies.  He has a team that has a very manageble salary cap, doesn't own a stadium, has a very friendly lease and opt out clause.  Very attractive for a Dan Dnyder wannabe.  So, the next owner will likely buy this team... look at the horrendous taxation in NYS, the third world economic situation in NYS, and the most corrupt, gutless, lazy, worthless politicians this world knows, not to mention the welfare woodchucks all over the state, and he will do the right and smart thing and say adios to NYS and move the team where the money is.

Hey... don't shoot the messenger folks... I'm only the voice of truth and reality... and it's a bitter pill to have to swallow.  I understand that.

271963[/snapback]

So, you're saying having a subpar O-line is a Bills management consiracy

to make the team more marketable by having the franchise rookie QB

killed his first year?

I think the chance to bring Drew to the Bills brought TD down an unscheduled dead-end detour. That sure the hell wasn't his plan coming in here. So he took the detour and unfortunately with Drew, he needed a particular kind of OL and had limited time to build it. He didn't get it done in that time period, so he's put the truck in reverse, went back to where he took the detour, and got back onto the original road.

Personally, I don't fault a person for trying something creative. For the first time in a long time, I had a great time watching a year of football. I looked forward to the games again, which is the curse of the person who does not let any part of his life interfere with the four hour periods, four times a month, for four months that my team will play.

I had a blast this year. 3-13 will do that to you. It's not a compromise. They exceeded my expectations this year. And we had fun while they did it.

He gets a mulligan from me. Plus...it's basically Losman or bust at this point. Looking forward to next year. No goddam doubt about it.