Anxiety over QB Selection

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

He also had something to lose with no showing. Poor choice by the one guy I want no part of in this draft.

Andrew Luck didn't throw at the combine.  Didn't seem to effect his draft status at all.  Darnold like Luck is the number 1 qb prospect in this class.

9 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Andrew Luck didn't throw at the combine.  Didn't seem to effect his draft status at all.  Darnold like Luck is the number 1 qb prospect in this class.

Luck didn't have to throw if I recall.  What he did up until then had made him the clear pick.

6 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Luck didn't have to throw if I recall.  What he did up until then had made him the clear pick.

Darnold is the number 1 in this class too.  Him not throwing at the combine is not an unusual thing.  There are a ton of guys who didn't throw at the combine and it never hurt there draft stock.  I think his decision was clearly a business decision and in no way reflects his character as an earlier poster had stated.

2 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

I disagree, I think this was purely a business decision.  Making great throws isn't going to increase his draft stock but making poor throws or showing poor mechanics could definitely hurt his draft stock.

I get it ZS, but to me if you want to endear yourself to the coming fanbase and to GM's it's good to get out there and show your pluck. I can tell you Mayfield was amazing in those accuracy drills.

37 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I get it ZS, but to me if you want to endear yourself to the coming fanbase and to GM's it's good to get out there and show your pluck. I can tell you Mayfield was amazing in those accuracy drills.

Ok I understand where you're coming from on that.  You're absolutely right about Mayfield, he was light out during that portion.  Personally Mayfield is the QB I want to see the Bills draft.  

13 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

First of all, I would hate to be Cleveland.  I really don’t know who I want the bills to select. If a few are already off the board, then nothing you can do about it. Easier choice between 2 vs 3 prospects. 

Also, why did Sam Darnold not throw at the combine ? I watched his interview, “it was the best decision for me.”  Mayock put him on blast. If you have confidence you should want to go and compete.  Sure I like Darnold and would be happy to have him on the team, but If other options off the board by the time we pick. Pretty disappointed with his choice. 

Initially it was Darnold, then I liked Mayfield. Now Rosen.  Back to being split on Mayfield/Rosen. 

Glad I don’t have to make this decision. 

I have no idea anymore who I want my head is spinning just throw a dart wherever it lands.....