It's us or the lions for Demulling

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who remembers how Teague struggled at LT for the Broncos?  They didn't even offer him a contract, which allowed him to come to Buffalo in the first place.  And now people want him to be our starter at LT???

272287[/snapback]

I've mentioned that a dozen times, only to hear the echo return from the brick wall. Teague vastly improved at Center. Just concentrate on finding a LT and a LG. Quit all this shifting around.

I get the impression there is going to be a lot of angry posts here in a couple of days when Demulling signs with the Lions.

272304[/snapback]

I'd be upset if DeMulling lands in Detroit but think we can find a LG in the draft, my biggest concern is the hole at LT and like to see it plugged with Womack or Bob Whitfield. My top choices at LG in the draft is Evan Mathis out of 'Bama or C.J Brooks in the 3rd or later as his stock has been falling since the end of the season. Although Dan Buenning's stock has slipped a little, he could be anoption if want to take someone on day 2. Granted if somehow David Baas fell to us with our top pick, I'd take him in a heart beat.

I tried to say as much in my post showing the sacks given up numbers but was dismissed because of his injury the year prior. Yet again I ask those people why wasn't Teauge used at LT back when we first signed him as had a hole at LT in 2002 as well.

So you don't think his ACL injury was a factor at all? I do. Like I said, he tore it in the 2nd game of the 2000 season. So him starting the season off at LT in 2001 means he was playing within a year of his surgery.

As for what the Bills did with him, they signed him originally to play LT. Then when mini-camps came around and Jennings couldn't hack it at center, they decided to move him to center and Jennings to LT. If you recall, Teague was pretty pissed about having ot play center. And the Bills drafted Mike Williams that year, to play RT, with the intention of eventually moving him to LT.

So you don't think his ACL injury was a factor at all?  I do.  Like I said, he tore it in the 2nd game of the 2000 season.  So him starting the season off at LT in 2001 means he was playing within a year of his surgery.

As for what the Bills did with him, they signed him originally to play LT.  Then when mini-camps came around and Jennings couldn't hack it at center, they decided to move him to center and Jennings to LT.  If you recall, Teague was pretty pissed about having ot play center.  And the Bills drafted Mike Williams that year, to play RT, with the intention of eventually moving him to LT.

272361[/snapback]

His ACL might of been a factor but I still don't think it's wise to move a guy out of a position he's played the last 3 seasons. To me if the Bills truely thought Teague was a capable LT then we would have never drafted Williams in the first place is my exact point.

i have come to realize that BillsGuyInMalta is more negative then me...which is bad.

Dude shut up...demulling has given no indication where the hell he will sign so relax!

272369[/snapback]

I'd like to know what money we are going to free up to sign Demulling in the first place. I dont like it when people just assume that the Bills can dig up 2.5 million bucks out of nowhere to sign a player who can go to a team that has been known for throwing money at FAs the last few years. The Bills have very little cap room, which means very little room to negotiate a creative contract. The Lions hand out money like its going out of style, and if anything I'd say that Demulling is using the Bills as a negotiating tool for his Lions contract because that way he can always threaten to go to the better team (The Bills) if the Lions dont pony up the dough. This is a business, and Demulling is being smart.

I dont think I'm negative if I look at the cap space we have and wonder how the Bills can afford a player like Demulling. I'm just being observant.

I'd love to see Demulling play in Buffalo, but I'm also expecting a bunch of "THE BILLS ARE STOOPID!" posts to spring up if he signs with Lions because people like to ignore that salary cap thing.

And hey, this is the kindler, gentler Wall...telling me to shut up is a big no-no...I think I need therapy now...

i have come to realize that BillsGuyInMalta is more negative then me...which is bad.

Dude shut up...demulling has given no indication where the hell he will sign so relax!

272369[/snapback]

Rudy..no one starts more doom and gloom threads than you. :blush: BGiM was only stating that Detroit has a tendency to overpay for players. He's a great contributor to TSW...you are barking up the wrong tree.

Rudy..no one starts more doom and gloom threads than you. :blush: BGiM was only stating that Detroit has a tendency to overpay for players.  He's a great contributor to TSW...you are barking up the wrong tree.

272380[/snapback]

First of all, I completely agree.......BGiM is one of the posters on here who I look forward to reading......Second, I just noticed you have a quote of mine in your sig! I'm flattered :D

I've mentioned that a dozen times, only to hear the echo return from the brick wall. Teague vastly improved at Center. Just concentrate on finding a LT and a LG. Quit all this shifting around.

272310[/snapback]

I agree with you, Marky-Mark. :blush:

First of all, I completely agree.......BGiM is one of the posters on here who I look forward to reading......Second, I just noticed you have a quote of mine in your sig!  I'm flattered :D

272385[/snapback]

I snuck it in, before the post where you stated this was deleted. One of the funniest lines I've ever read here. Hope you don't mind. :blush:

I dont think I'm negative if I look at the cap space we have and wonder how the Bills can afford a player like Demulling.  I'm just being observant. 

And hey, this is the kindler, gentler Wall...telling me to shut up is a big no-no...I think I need therapy now...

272378[/snapback]

I think you're sweet. :blush:

I snuck it in, before the post where you stated this was deleted.  One of the funniest lines I've ever read here.  Hope you don't mind. :blush:

272390[/snapback]

lol, too funny........you know, I got an email from TD after I posted that asking me about the logistics of such an event. I referred him to Stevestojan.

His ACL might of been a factor. To me if the Bills truely thought Teague was a capable LT then we would have never drafted Williams in the first place is my exact point. As Jenning was played RT as a rookie, and looked to be our RT of the future before BIG Mike came along.

First of all, it was Vlinklarek and the rest of those clowns making that determination. Second of all, they probably felt that given the collection of talent on the team, Teague was the only real candidate for the center position. But as has been said, if McNally thinks that Teague (or Peters) is a viable candidate at LT, who am I to argue?

First of all, it was Vlinklarek and the rest of those clowns making that determination.  Second of all, they probably felt that given the collection of talent on the team, Teague was the only real candidate for the center position.  But as has been said, if McNally thinks that Teague (or Peters) is a viable candidate at LT, who am I to argue?

272399[/snapback]

Yeah it was Vinklarek's decision but let's not forget Teague came out of Tennessee as a Center and at this point, at 300 lbs Teague would be considered small for the position of LT. In terms of McNally and the coaches et all I personally feel most of the thought of Teague shifting to LT has been fan and media speculation and nothing more to this point. I read the Buff News from the 10th but again sounds more speculative then reporting to me.

Yeah it was Vinklarek's decision but let's not forget Teague came out of Tennessee as a Center and at this point, at 300 lbs Teague would be considered small for the position of LT. In terms of McNally and the coaches et all I personally feel most of the thought of Teague shifting to LT has been fan and media speculation and nothing more to this point. I read the Buff News from the 10th but again sounds more speculative then reporting to me.

It makes sense. Teague played LT with the Broncos and the Bills have a need there now. I'm inclined to believe that he's a candidate for the LT spot, with ideally a guy like DeMulling playing center. Whether or not Teague can be a good LT remains to be seen, but Gibbs thought enough of Teague to give him a shot there, before and even AFTER his ACL injury, which again as I said probably affected him a lot.

It makes sense.  Teague played LT with the Broncos and the Bills have a need there now.  I'm inclined to believe that he's a candidate for the LT spot, with ideally a guy like DeMulling playing center.  Whether or not Teague can be a good LT remains to be seen, but Gibbs thought enough of Teague to give him a shot there, before and even AFTER his ACL injury, which again as I said probably affected him a lot.

272409[/snapback]

Again, why would you shift a 3 year NFL starter at Center (Teague) to LT and then shift a 3 year starter at LG (DeMulling) to Center and then leave yourself a hole at LG? Instead leave them where they're used to playing and focus on finding a "true" LT. I know it's more difficult to find a LT then a LG and that's why I was hoping against all hope we could of re-signed Jennings this offseason. Yet since we can't I'm calling for us to sign Womack (even though I feel he's a better fit at RT because not sure he's athletic enough to play LT but feel alot comfortable with him there then Teague or a rookie) and draft a LG.

Again, why would you shift a 3 year NFL starter at Center (Teague)to LT and then shift a 3 year starter at LG to Center and then leave yourself a hole at LG? Where if we leave Teague at C and leave DeMulling (DeMulling) at LG we only need to worry about finding a "true" LT. True it's more difficult to find a LT then a LG and that's why I was hoping against all hope we could of re-signed Jennings this offseason. Yet since we can't I'm calling for us to sign Womack (even though I feel he's a better fit at RT) and draft a LG.

I hate to use this but with all the shifting you sound like making the transition is just a matter of putting them in the spot and see what they do. This isn't a video game or fantasy football.

Take it up with the coaches. That's the way they seem to be leaning. I just don't think the Bills (read: McNally) are that impressed with Teague at center and are looking to replace him and try him out at LT. This goes back to that post by the guy who went to a coaches meeting that McNally was at, where McNally said that the Bills will try-out Peters and Teague at LT, and Bannan at LG, and that Teague was just "OK" last year. I don't think that "OK" is what they're looking for at center, and if Teague could make the transition from college center to NFL LT, then back to center, he can make the transition back to LT. And DeMulling himself said that he can play center. So it's not like this is all fanciful stuff. It's an attempt to make the O-line better, rather than having the same-old same-old that isn't good enough, or more precisely, could be better.