Dorsey Dealin: The Browns Will Be a Much Better Team in '18

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is that.

I think the Tyrod acquisition is ALL about trying to preserve Hue.    Firing bad coaches is a necessary evil but having to fire competent HC's because players stop listening to their message is a big problem.   They obviously believe in Hue and I am sure they realize they've thrown him to the wolves and he deserves to show what he can do while the incubate their young franchise QB.    They need a QB like Tyrod who isn't going to lose games but is also a catalyst when added to explosive WR talent.........this is a great fit for TT and if Hue can't make it work then maybe he's not the guy they think he is after all. 

I am not sure the FO believes in Hue - I think if they had their choice Nagy is the HC and the entire staff is gone.  Hue is still there because the owner opened his big mouth and said he would be back - neutering the FO from going out and getting their coach.  Depending on where their bye falls - I think they make a switch mid year to get their draft pick some time and I think Hue is fired by seasons end.

I think what you are seeing is the Browns trying to get as much salary on expiring contracts - so they meet the thresholds set by the NFL/NFLPA and then trying to play this year out hoping to get their Coaching staff next year and get some development out of their “franchise” QB.

We will see how it all plays out, but this is a bad match-up division for TT with teams that are familiar and have beaten and held him down over his 3 years.  I think they end up better, but overall I do not think TT is a fit - I think he is there mainly because of his contract and the length.

40 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I am not sure the FO believes in Hue - I think if they had their choice Nagy is the HC and the entire staff is gone.  Hue is still there because the owner opened his big mouth and said he would be back - neutering the FO from going out and getting their coach.  Depending on where their bye falls - I think they make a switch mid year to get their draft pick some time and I think Hue is fired by seasons end.

I think what you are seeing is the Browns trying to get as much salary on expiring contracts - so they meet the thresholds set by the NFL/NFLPA and then trying to play this year out hoping to get their Coaching staff next year and get some development out of their “franchise” QB.

We will see how it all plays out, but this is a bad match-up division for TT with teams that are familiar and have beaten and held him down over his 3 years.  I think they end up better, but overall I do not think TT is a fit - I think he is there mainly because of his contract and the length.

...nice assessment RF.....by now the entire WORLD knows where Dorsey works.....this guy is on a mission armed with MAJOR draft capital and FA bucks......rest assured there will be a major talent upgrade and if Hugh screws it up, their "bye" week may be just that as in "bye-bye"......who do you think wins out in the Dorsey vs Haslam MMA match?....

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nice assessment RF.....by now the entire WORLD knows where Dorsey works.....this guy is on a mission armed with MAJOR draft capital and FA bucks......rest assured there will be a major talent upgrade and if Hugh screws it up, their "bye" week may be just that as in "bye-bye"......who do you think wins out in the Dorsey vs Haslam MMA match?....

I think Dorsey is given more range than previous guys - in the end Haslam as owner just needs to stay out of the way and let things happen.

I just am not sure Haslam can do that - he already made the decision Hue would be back before anyone else could talk him out of that and if he keeps doing that - I can see Dorsey getting frustrated and looking for an out.

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think Dorsey is given more range than previous guys - in the end Haslam as owner just needs to stay out of the way and let things happen.

I just am not sure Haslam can do that - he already made the decision Hue would be back before anyone else could talk him out of that and if he keeps doing that - I can see Dorsey getting frustrated and looking for an out.

.....wholeheartedly agree.....if Haslam has an ounce of brains, he should read chapter one of Boy Danny Snyder's franchise operation manual entitled, "Let Me Tell You The Ways How I Can And Have Screwed Things Up".....but Jimmy may be muddling through "See Spot Run"......or working on his next rebate swindle....