OPINION: We have a trade partner in place

McBean

ON a related topic , I firmly believe that we will invest in a top tier QB this year, if possible. That being said , I believe that if the said QB is not ready to start by the beginning of the season , that Peterman is going. to be the QB. The veteran QB is only there to interact the rookie. 

Edited by Wily Dog

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

IMO Indianapolis might be the biggest wild card of them all. Not because Reich was a Bill, but because he is a new head coach.

Agreed

12 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

ON a related topic , I firmly believe that we will invest in a top tier QB this year, if possible. That being said , I believe that if the said QB is not ready to start by the beginning of the season , that Peterman is going. to be the QB. The veteran QB is only there to interact the rookie. 

Go Bills!

23 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Doubt it highly. Unless they trade up to #2 they aren’t going to blindly trade “into the top 10” without knowing who is available

Discussions were probably had with different teams in the top # 10 regarding cost to trade up. Deals probably won't be in place until closer to draft time depending who is available.

Edited by billieve420

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BUF

According to the draft value charts, the #2 overall pick is worth 2600.

The Bills two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds equals 2680. 

So my guess is that is the minimum it'll take. If other teams offer higher value, it could take even more. 

So pretty much what I had guessed. To get into the top 4 your looking at giving up the first 2 days of this draft To get one of the top QBs this year. So the choice will be leaving the draft with a QB with the chance of being a good starter in the league or  take one of the next tier QBs and possibly some other younger positional starters. If the guys in charge are to be believed and they want to build for the future and today, they are getting a FA starter and a 2nd tier QB in the draft

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

So pretty much what I had guessed. To get into the top 4 your looking at giving up the first 2 days of this draft To get one of the top QBs this year. So the choice will be leaving the draft with a QB with the chance of being a good starter in the league or  take one of the next tier QBs and possibly some other younger positional starters. If the guys in charge are to be believed and they want to build for the future and today, they are getting a FA starter and a 2nd tier QB in the draft

The nice thing about having 4 picks in the top 2 rounds though, is half of those are luxury picks, in a sense. You could frame it like just trading your 1st & 2nd round picks to get up to a top spot; the additional ammunition is just what makes it possible.

Once you have your franchise QB, then you get into the rhythm of habitually trading down, bc you will always need guys on rookie deals to fill roles to account for eventually having to pay your QB. 

4 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

The nice thing about having 4 picks in the top 2 rounds though, is half of those are luxury picks, in a sense. You could frame it like just trading your 1st & 2nd round picks to get up to a top spot; the additional ammunition is just what makes it possible.

Once you have your franchise QB, then you get into the rhythm of habitually trading down, bc you will always need guys on rookie deals to fill roles to account for eventually having to pay your QB. 

Your also out of a job very quickly if the QB you drafted is starting day 1 and your team is starting another playoff draught. Your not giving  up so many picks unless they are the next Manning. They had to acquire those picks somehow so they aren't freebies.

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

No way!!!   That's way too much to give up for any QB, let alone the guys in this draft class.    

I'll be breaking out my pitchfork and torch if Beane pulls a stunt like that....

It's definitely a whole lot to give up.

But I wouldn't say "let alone this draft class". 

This actually looks like one of the strongest QB draft classes in years IMO, and on top,of that its a unique circumstance where 2 of the top 3 teams don't need a QB. 

Seems like a heck of an opportunity to acquire an elite QB prospect IMO. 

Edited by BillsFan4