Heard on the Radio.. NFL in Mexico Next Season?

Just heard on ESPN Radio Sportscenter that the NFL is expecting to announce a regular season game outside of the United States as soon as the 2005 season. It is expected to be in Mexico City, not Toronto. So I guess that the Bills won't be a part of this, thank God.

Sorry if this was posted before.

Just heard on ESPN Radio Sportscenter that the NFL is expecting to announce a regular season game outside of the United States as soon as the 2005 season. It is expected to be in Mexico City, not Toronto. So I guess that the Bills won't be a part of this, thank God.

270645[/snapback]

Mexico City Bills???? :lol:

270645[/snapback]

I saw a report on ABC news earlier this week on the NSACAR Race held in Mexico this past weekend and wondered if the NFL would try to do the same thing. In the past they have held pre-season games in Mexico City.

My guess is that one of the teams might be the Cowboys.

GO BILLS 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any team should lose a home game, my guess would be Arizona.  Bidwell has run the team into the ground and the fans following his lead, stay home in droves.

270651[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine another team giving up a true home field advantage for a game. Since more fans of the visiting team are at Cardinals home games anyway, it really wouldn't matter.

That's what I was thinking.  I can't imagine another team giving up a true home field advantage for a game.  Since more fans of the visiting team are at Cardinals home games anyway, it really wouldn't matter.

270816[/snapback]

KYBillsFan, just have to mention: That is a CLASSIC avatar!!! :lol:

KYBillsFan, just have to mention:  That is a CLASSIC avatar!!!  :blink:

270818[/snapback]

Yeah, I played that game way too much as a kid. I played it on everyvideogame.com last week and got all the way to Super Macho Man on my first game. Seriously, I hadn't played in 7 or 8 years at least and still remembered how to beat everyone up until him. What's even sadder? I still have trouble remembering my home phone number for a place I've lived 6 months but will never forget the code to Tyson is 0073735963.

What's even sadder?  I still  have trouble remembering my home phone number for a place I've lived 6 months but will never forget the code to Tyson is 0073735963.

270995[/snapback]

wow...you just blew my mind! forgot all about that!

That's what I was thinking.  I can't imagine another team giving up a true home field advantage for a game.  Since more fans of the visiting team are at Cardinals home games anyway, it really wouldn't matter.

270816[/snapback]

I'd say it would be the Cards, Raiders or the Saints. A team that doesn't draw that well. The Cowboys would be the natural fit. They are kind of considered the de facto team of Mexico (just like the Bills are kind of considered to be Canada's team). I don't think Jones would give up a game. Unless he was given lots of $$$. That guy would sell his mom out if he got a great deal. I don't know on the Raiders. If they played one game there, Al might claim all of Mexico as Raider territory.