Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson, food for thought.

I think this becomes more of a debate if the scenario is that the player is a guaranteed HOFer. 

In that case, if there was a QB already in place, I would be tempted to say yes. You never know how a late 1st round pick is going to pan out. Sure, one of the two might be a good starter, but a HOFer is a game changer at his position.

I'd probably do it for almost any position, especially WR, LT, DT, DE, MLB, and CB, so long as they are a HOFer for insane production. 

I've thought about this with Roquon Smith, who I believe is the next Kuechly. We're playing with house money because we hit on our 1st round pick last year while managing to pick up an additonal 1st round pick. So if we use 2 1st round picks on a player we know will be great, we didn't lose out on anything. We end up with 2 great players from 2 1st rounds. But I highly doubt the Bills will actually do that given the QB situation. If we signed Cousins I would absolutely entertain this idea.

Bucky Brooks makes an interesting argument that NO OG should ever be a top 5 pick.  Basically, an OG does not impact the pass game in the manner that an OT does.  He also highlights some questions in Nelson's play.  Worth a read as most of the stuff is all about Nelson.  Who I'd like, if he somehow impossibly fell to us.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918425/article/nfl-draft-trend-emerging-with-receivers-blake-bortles-contract?campaign=tw-nf-sf183392626-sf183392626&sf183392626=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral