Article on QB Mechanics

Not going to lie, I read most of the article but not all of it. He's had some accuracy issues and some footwork issues that have been noted but one thing is for sure, he's a QB. He's black, he's tall and he's fast so people just want to throw say "oh put him at WR" without even knowing if the guy can catch a ball. In the proper situation he'll be real problem for opposing defenses at the next level.

13 minutes ago, Santana said:

Not going to lie, I read most of the article but not all of it. He's had some accuracy issues and some footwork issues that have been noted but one thing is for sure, he's a QB. He's black, he's tall and he's fast so people just want to throw say "oh put him at WR" without even knowing if the guy can catch a ball. In the proper situation he'll be real problem for opposing defenses at the next level.

The main interest I had in the article wasn't Jackson per se but the point that the key is to work on the hip motion and the footwork will follow.

I've heard all sorts of stuff about fixing footwork to fix accuracy, but not the points this guy raised about hip motion putting the feet naturally in the right place.

I definitely think he's on point with that. Not to get off track but even if you look at something like dancing, the hips control the feet. Good hip rotation is also one of the most vital things for pitchers to have as well and they have to have pin point accuracy.

52 minutes ago, Santana said:

You mean Bill Polian said to put him at receiver?

I think I’ll side with Polian on this.

Jackson will have a difficult time in the NFL as a QB. Bad mechanics and accuracy issues equate to problems.

Running QBs do not make it,at least for an extended amount of time.

I pray the Bills pass on him. We already have our inaccurate fast QB on this roster.

45 minutes ago, dlonce said:

You mean Bill Polian said to put him at receiver?

I think I’ll side with Polian on this.

Jackson will have a difficult time in the NFL as a QB. Bad mechanics and accuracy issues equate to problems.

Running QBs do not make it,at least for an extended amount of time.

I pray the Bills pass on him. We already have our inaccurate fast QB on this roster.

So you think he'll be a better WR than QB? What evidence shows that he'll be a good WR?

7 hours ago, Santana said:

I definitely think he's on point with that. Not to get off track but even if you look at something like dancing, the hips control the feet. Good hip rotation is also one of the most vital things for pitchers to have as well and they have to have pin point accuracy.

It's the same with golf. All the lessons I took stressed the hip fluidity more so than the foot placement for accuracy with the club. Maybe there's something to it for QB accuracy.

4 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

It's the same with golf. All the lessons I took stressed the hip fluidity more so than the foot placement for accuracy with the club. Maybe there's something to it for QB accuracy.

Interesting points with parallels to golf and dance.  I think tennis too - perhaps that is why Rosen's throwing looks so fluid and natural.

Jackson's mechanics are horrible and it leads to poor accuracy but someone will still take him because he's a playmaker and he's at least going to be as good as Tyrod for super cheap. I'm looking forward to the 40. They said he might run a 4.4 which would be blazing fast for a QB. Vick ran it in 4.25 which is absolutely nuts. RG3 did it in 4.41