NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Taven Bryan is a freak athlete. He's the same type of athlete as JJ Watt. 

If we can get him at the end of round 1 I think we'd be getting a steal who could be a real difference maker in a year or two. 

If we do not trade our 2 1sts for a QB, and Taven Bryan checks out as an effort/McD sort of player and he is available then he would certainly be hard to pass up.

17 minutes ago, Magox said:

If we do not trade our 2 1sts for a QB, and Taven Bryan checks out as an effort/McD sort of player and he is available then he would certainly be hard to pass up.

Calling him an effort player sells him short. The guy is a freak of nature, much like JJ Watt was. His effort and motor will prove to be a bonus in the grand scheme of things. 

Give him some NFL calibre coaching, and let him learn with Kyle Williams for a year (assuming we bring him back on a one year deal) and in a couple years Bryan could be an All Pro DT. 

Edited by jrober38

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Calling him an effort player sells him short. The guy is a freak of nature, much like JJ Watt was. His effort and motor will prove to be a bonus in the grand scheme of things. 

Give him some NFL calibre coaching, and let him learn with Kyle Williams for a year (assuming we bring him back on a one year deal) and in a couple years Bryan could be an All Pro DT. 

I was talking in the context that his athleticism was a given.

I don't believe Beane/Mcd will select anyone that isn't an effort sort of player.  With Tavens freakish athleticism if he passes the Mcd/Beane effort/team player mentality they are seeking he will be awfully hard to pass up on.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I was talking in the context that his athleticism was a given.

I don't believe Beane/Mcd will select anyone that isn't an effort sort of player.  With Tavens freakish athleticism if he passes the Mcd/Beane effort/team player mentality they are seeking he will be awfully hard to pass up on.

Totally agree. 

The combine is mostly useless aside from predicting who will make good linebackers and defensive linemen. 

Bryan's athleticism suggests he's going to make a really good pro player. 

• Like (+1) 1