LOL have you heard Mel Kiper's mock 2.0?

22 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Following up on your train of thought:

Denver, Jets, Dolphins and Cards all in the QB market.  I think between Cleveland and Giants Darnold and Rosen will be off the board (Eli is old and Giants have a rare opportunity to get a top QB prospect).

Say Broncos sign Cousins, I then expect Jets to take either Mayfield or Allen.  That means after pick 6 Jackson, Rudolph and Allen or Mayfield are left.  

The next most desperate team is the Cards - they have a good defense and some offensive pieces in David Johnson and the aged Larry Fitzgerald.  I could imagine them signing Breadford and hoping he has one last healthy run in him.

Miami is interesting because I think Tannehill is decent and I don’t see any FA QB as an upgrade other than Cousins.

Of the two, I think Arizona is more likely to sign a FA and pass on QB in the draft.  If Miami wants to upgrade at QB,their only option is the draft.

Either way, I think whoever between Mayfield or Allen is left will be picked by one of thos teams.  That leaves Bills with a choice between Rudolph and Jackson.

if the Bills want someone other than those two, they will likely pay a significant price to get ahead of Miami.

if they can find a trade partner, I could be on board with trading both 1sts to get high enough to get the 4th QB. 

I am am clearly not optimistic that the Bills can get high enough to get one of the top 3

I think people are overlooking the Vikings in the QB derby.  

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

sorry haven't read all 4 pages 

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/94056/mel-kiper-sees-scenario-where-browns-take-saquon-barkley-first-qb-fourth

Mel Kiper sees scenario where Browns take Saquon Barkley first, QB fourth.

Kiper’s reasoning: If the Browns have close grades on two or three quarterbacks, they could easily take Barkley first. Kiper already has gone on record saying Barkley is the best player in the draft.

“He’s got great lower body strength,” Kiper said. “Powerful kid in the lower body. That’s why he breaks tackles. He can stop on a dime and make people miss. (He) catches the ball out of the backfield.”

Which lends him to the first overall pick, except for one fact: he plays running back. The position has become devalued in the NFL.

.....so do you think the Browns' "McCarron flame" has fizzled out even with him being a UFA now?....................

18 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think people are overlooking the Vikings in the QB derby.  

Good call - they pick later, but they also could be willing to move up for a QB.  it isn’t certain that they will keep any of their current QBs.

Vikes are built to win now, so might favor a veteran FA option, but if they look for a starter in the draft, they will want to get high enough to get someone who might be able to start now.

48 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Good call - they pick later, but they also could be willing to move up for a QB.  it isn’t certain that they will keep any of their current QBs.

Vikes are built to win now, so might favor a veteran FA option, but if they look for a starter in the draft, they will want to get high enough to get someone who might be able to start now.

I'm really curious why they aren't mentioned more as a potential Cousins suitor.  They are 9th in cap space available and have much more than the Broncos and Cardinals.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....so do you think the Browns' "McCarron flame" has fizzled out even with him being a UFA now?....................

I don't think McCarron is signing somewhere that could potentially use a top 4 pick on a QB.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm really curious why they aren't mentioned more as a potential Cousins suitor.  They are 9th in cap space available and have much more than the Broncos and Cardinals.

I don't think McCarron is signing somewhere that could potentially use a top 4 pick on a QB.

...my apology for the confusion bud......was trying to say that with McCarron now being a UFA, does Cleveland still pursue him and use the pick elsewhere (guessing Barkley is a given with one)?.....maybe they have given up that idea as well as giving up on Kizer and draft a QB high.......almost as muddled as Vikes not interested in Keenum, Bridgewater (contract could be tolled to gain another rook deal year) and Sam ( sadly Bradford I could understand with major ongoing health issues)....a Cousins player instead?.....I'm getting a headache........