NASCAR 2018

SoTier

Austin Dillon, grandson of team owner Richard Childress, won the 60th Daytona 500 in the legendary #3 once driven by the late Dale Earnhardt ... on the 20th anniversary of The Intimidator's one and only Daytona 500 win.  Dillon led only the last overtime lap in the a wreck filled race that saw most of the favorites wreck out.  Dillon is the 9th different 500 winner in the last 9 years.  Great start to the NASCAR season.  :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not sure they're going to get the race in today. My guy Newman has been looking good this week. I got a few combinations in Draft Kings this week. 

NASCAR doesn't allow numbers to be retired.  The teams "own" their numbers as long as they actively use them, but if they don't use them on a car for a specified period of time, it goes back into the hopper to be used by another team.  After Richard Petty retired in 1992, his many fans wanted NASCAR to retire his #43 but Petty Motorsports had to put it on another team in order to keep it.  Historic #43 is currently driven by rookie Darrell "Bubba" Wallace, Jr, who finished second in last week's Daytona 500.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Missing not having Matt Kenseth driving. 

He got hosed. He's as good or better than half the field. Not sure why he doesn't have a ride. Hes a good guy who shouldnt have problems getting a sponsor either. Im a Newman fan, and I think Kenseth is a better driver than Newman.