Saints loss and fundamental football

oldmanfan

15 hours ago, gobillsinytown said:

I feel bad for the safety though.......his career with the Saints may be over.   

He was just a rookie and a lot of people have said he was the best rookie safety this year. Unfortunately he will be on the wrong end of NFL history for the rest of his life. If he can shake off the mental stigma he will have a fine career. I blame the DC more. You don't leave a rookie safety in single coverage like that with no help behind him. One rookie mistake can give up points but it shouldn't single-handedly lose a playoff game...

18 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think it was more of  move to prevent hitting him early and taking a PI penalty. The timing of the hit was off.

I think he saw Diggs was going to catch it and his intent was to try and keep Diggs in play so the clock would run out rather than knocking him out of bounds.  He succeeded (lol) but why he ducked his head so he couldn't see what was happening is beyond me...

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I think he saw Diggs was going to catch it and his intent was to try and keep Diggs in play so the clock would run out rather than knocking him out of bounds.  He succeeded (lol) but why he ducked his head so he couldn't see what was happening is beyond me...

Just bad, lazy tackling. We see it all the time — but rarely in such a big moment do you see it bite a guy.