Bills worst break in last four years...

Dr. K

Thinking it over, I've decided the worst thing that happened to the Bills in the last four seasons was the fact that Gregg Williams gave a dynamite interview to TD when he was looking for a coach after Wade Phillips was fired.

Gregg Williams was a long-shot; he had no relationship with Donohoe. John Fox and Ted Cottrell and Marvin Lewis were the names most frequently mentioned as likely replacements for Phillips. But TD was dazzled by Williams and took a fatal chance.

Donohoe has taken a lot of heat for bad decisions he has made as Bills' GM, but this descision was his first and by far his worst mistake. The others have been pretty sound, but rolling the dice on Williams was a gutsy call that filed miserably, cost the team three wasted years, and which may end up costing TD his job. If Mularkey doesn't turn the ship around this season, the pressure on Wilson to fire TD will be great.

Hindsight is 20-20, but the minute Gregg showed up with his lists of inexperienced assistant coaches and his air horn, TD should have started second guessing himself--like a guy who went to the bar last night and wakes up the next morning in a strange bed wondering who this woman is next to him. Must have been the dim light and after six gin-and-tonics.

Thinking it over, I've decided the worst thing that happened to the Bills in the last four seasons was the fact that Gregg Williams gave a dynamite interview to TD when he was looking for a coach after Wade Phillips was fired. 

20185[/snapback]

Right on! I think that decision also shaped the personnel we have. I think we drafted and signed FAs to fit the GW defense.

I always wondered why GW got the job. I think Marvin Lewis and John Fox could have had the job had they wanted it but I think both were waiting for a better opportunity. Buffalo was not a prime Head Coaching job as the team was in salary cap hell and would be for a few years. TD did a great job of getting rid of all Butler's mistakes and it hurt us for the present but I think will pay off in years to come. I think Gregg was the choice because ML and JF didn't really want the job. Remember Buffalo has always been notoriously cheap when paying it's coaches. MM is the highest paid coach in Bills history.

The Bills fan in me believes that GW was just someone who would come in here for 3 years while the Bills cleared all the dead cap space and TD could then get rid of him and hire who he wanted.

Ill go with letting guests post!

No... I think the whole Butler situation was really bad tied in with GW and that Titans playoff game

I will also say pulling Flutie was bad for the Titans game. RJ played well with the pressure but I still think if we would of won that game we would of gone to the bowl that year to beat the Rams. Flutie running a bootleg in with no time remaining. Would of been nice!

I will also say pulling Flutie was bad for the Titans game. RJ played well with the pressure but I still think if we would of won that game we would of gone to the bowl that year to beat the Rams.  Flutie running a bootleg in with no time remaining.  Would of been nice!

20218[/snapback]

With due respect Navy man, that is utter bullshít ...

Special Teams, and lack of coaching on special teams cost us that game.

Flutie had been struggling, and the defense is what got us into the postseason not Flutie.

I ddin't see Flutie running a bootleg into the endzone at the Miami playoff game the season before ....

With due respect Navy man, that is utter stevestojan ...

Special Teams, and lack of coaching on special teams cost us that game.

Flutie had been struggling, and the defense is what got us into the postseason not Flutie.

I ddin't see Flutie running a bootleg into the endzone at the Miami playoff game the season before ....

20223[/snapback]

I didnt see doug winning 10 games after a 0-3 start man. He did play well, well enough to be able to win. That Miami game should of been in Buffalo but we were cheated. Remember that pass int. in the endzone?

If it wasn't for the fans screaming for a coaching change I believe Greggy would still be here coaching.

20198[/snapback]

You flatter yourself! TD did not make his decision based on the howling masses, much as you and others might like to believe otherwise. He made it based on the fact that Gregg proved he had no clue when it came to hiring offensive assistants and managinig them during the season.

I didnt see doug winning 10 games after a 0-3 start man.  He did play well, well enough to be able to win.  That Miami game should of been in Buffalo but we were cheated.  Remember that pass int. in the endzone?

20226[/snapback]

The average offensive point production with Flutie starting that season was about 13. That would not have gotten done against the Titans.

I prefer to think of it like MM is going to be the man, and we had to put up with Greggo for three years in order for the timing to be right to land him :flirt: I don't care if that seems like a bunch of mularkey......I've had a bad year and I'm going to look on the bright side, dammit