White pff rookie of the year

17 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you collectively look at this draft class you see players such as Dawkins, Zay Jones, White and Milano who are not only good prospects but mature people who are self-motivated  and dedicated to their profession. None of these players are dazzling. All of them are the type of players/people you want to build a roster with. Dareus is without a doubt one of the most talented defensive tackles in the league. However, his talent wasn't always actualized because of his immaturity on and off the field. While many people scoff at the notion of character and the type of guys wanted on the roster by McDermott as time goes by his approach to building the roster will become more evident. It's not so much as acquiring talent as it is as building a roster. This profile of player is also apparent with the acquisition of players such as Hyde, Poyer andGaines.

You just read my mind. What takes me 2000 words to say, you summarized nicely. Thanks John

I personally don’t care if he wins it or not. I/we know how good he is and the bills got an extra first rounder in addition to him. And maybe another snub (Pro Bowl) will make him want to work that much harder over the off-season. 

17 hours ago, JohnC said:

If you collectively look at this draft class you see players such as Dawkins, Zay Jones, White and Milano who are not only good prospects but mature people who are self-motivated  and dedicated to their profession. None of these players are dazzling. All of them are the type of players/people you want to build a roster with. Dareus is without a doubt one of the most talented defensive tackles in the league. However, his talent wasn't always actualized because of his immaturity on and off the field. While many people scoff at the notion of character and the type of guys wanted on the roster by McDermott as time goes by his approach to building the roster will become more evident. It's not so much as acquiring talent as it is as building a roster. This profile of player is also apparent with the acquisition of players such as Hyde, Poyer andGaines.

They were wise to bring some more mature, self-starters into the situation.

Punting on a QB with that pick for the 57th straight year was a bad decision(as always) IMO but in general I think they got potential star players at key positions early and that's a sound secondary draft strategy if not addressing QB.

Positions like CB/WR/LT are $15M free agent price tags now.......that's where it's wise to use your early picks.

But back to your point........the Bills have been burning themselves drafting 20 year olds in the first two rounds over and over when there was such a weak culture in place.

People dog Lynch and Sammy and Dareus but the organization is more at fault for not getting the most out of them than the players.

Hopefully we will stop hearing and experiencing the "Better Bills than Buffalo" phenomena that we've been dealing with since Lynch and Peters were dealt.

6 hours ago, BananaB said:

When it comes to DRY Bills always come up short. Byrd-Kik- Darby. Tre had a great year but it’s probably gonna end up the same.

None of those players mentioned had the task of covering everyone's number one receiver every week

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They were wise to bring some more mature, self-starters into the situation.

Punting on a QB with that pick for the 57th straight year was a bad decision(as always) IMO but in general I think they got potential star players at key positions early and that's a sound secondary draft strategy if not addressing QB.

Positions like CB/WR/LT are $15M free agent price tags now.......that's where it's wise to use your early picks.

But back to your point........the Bills have been burning themselves drafting 20 year olds in the first two rounds over and over when there was such a weak culture in place.

People dog Lynch and Sammy and Dareus but the organization is more at fault for not getting the most out of them than the players.

Hopefully we will stop hearing and experiencing the "Better Bills than Buffalo" phenomena that we've been dealing with since Lynch and Peters were dealt.

I agree with most of what you said. But I still strongly contend that not addressing the qb position when there were opportunities to do so has haunted this franchise. If I had my way I would have drafted either Mahomes or Watson with our first round pick last year instead of trading down. That still has to be our priority in the next draft. White was a terrific pick but by not taking action on the qb issue last year the organization has put itself in a position where it will probably have to parlay many of their acquired picks to address the qb position, assuming it takes that route. 

I strongly believe in culture and a strong support system. But I also believe that strong culture or not what mostly determines success for individual players is their own internal makeup and drive. Acquiring players who are already mature rather than hoping that they will mature is in the long run the best approach to take. 

You bring up an interesting issue regarding expensive positions acquired in free agency. I'm hoping that the Bills keep Cordy Glenn. I don't care if it is for the right or left side or even the guard positions. When healthy he is worth his salary. When you create a hole you then lose the ability to address another need. In my estimation at this point it is better to add talent than subtract talent.