NY Giants hire Dave Gettleman as GM

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Okay so if you did our two 1s and Cordy Glenn for their one to draft Darnold is it enough? Doesn't seem like it. 

what else would you need to add? Apparently Gettleman and Beane were pretty close so I feel much better about the possibility of moving up. 

Maybe next year’s first 

Having Gettleman hired by the Giants bodes well for our chances to move up for Darnold IMO. I could see Cleveland taking Rosen, the Giants trading out (hypothetically to Buffalo), and if Cleveland is at 3, they see what the Options with Rosen are (keep him, trade him for another QB, Draft a QB at 3 and trade Rosen further on in the draft, etc). 

Cleveland really has has a lot of options, but with Rosen being a QB and being the best player in the draft in the opinion of many, Cleveland has the ability to take him at #1, auction him off, and either trade him for another QB, trade him for a bundle of picks/players and draft another QB at 3, or keep him and roll with it.

But I see the Giants hiring Gettleman as GM as a good thing for our hopes of trading up. 

Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz is expected to be a favorite -- if not the favorite -- for the New York Giants' head-coaching job, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Giants, who are 2-13 and vying for the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft entering Sunday's season finale against the Washington Redskins, fired coach Ben McAdoo after Week 13. New York has since been led by Steve Spagnuolo on an interim basis.