Video during & immediately after KB catch. Official tells McD "IDK"

JerseyBills

On 12/28/2017 at 10:33 PM, NoSaint said:

That you are talking football moves is irrelevant to that play, and shows only a marginal understanding of catch rules. I don’t mean to be rude, but you are wrong there. When going to the ground he can do whatever moves you want- he hasn’t completed the catch til he lands and maintained control.

That it hit hit the ground by itself isn’t an issue but that it hit the ground and moved is an issue.

I don't know how you can say that.  I just posted the rule that states otherwise....?

8 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I don't know how you can say that.  I just posted the rule that states otherwise....?

Well, I disagreed with your statement that he maintained control. As it moved (and the manner it moved in) seemed he lost having full control to me. That’s something that’s open for interpretation here (though VERY FEW are arguing it)

as to bringing up the football move- it’s governing a different type of play. It’s as relevant as those arguing the ground can’t cause a fumble. There are lots of fun catchy phrases out there that don’t apply to establishing possession while going to the ground. Bringing them up can only lead others to believe you don’t truly get where the debate exists on this call. I don’t mean that in a snarky or degrading way- it’s just a fundamental misunderstanding of the rule on this type of play to talk football moves 

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Well, I disagreed with your statement that he maintained control. As it moved (and the manner it moved in) seemed he lost having full control to me. That’s something that’s open for interpretation here (though VERY FEW are arguing it)

as to bringing up the football move- it’s governing a different type of play. It’s as relevant as those arguing the ground can’t cause a fumble. There are lots of fun catchy phrases out there that don’t apply to establishing possession while going to the ground. Bringing them up can only lead others to believe you don’t truly get where the debate exists on this call. I don’t mean that in a snarky or degrading way- it’s just a fundamental misunderstanding of the rule on this type of play to talk football moves 

The player doesn't have to maintain control to the ground****when he has established himself as a runner already*****. As stated in the rules I posted above. 

7 minutes ago, peterpan said:

The player doesn't have to maintain control to the ground****when he has established himself as a runner already*****. As stated in the rules I posted above. 

If he’s falling during the feet touching and football move he does. 

I don't care what team you root for...............

The KB play was a touchdown. CASE CLOSED.

Any person with a brain knows it.

Once they reversed it, like I told my wife at the time they would do, I turned the game off right then and there and watched the Titans-Rams game and exclusively.

I checked out of the Bills-Pats game as I knew it was a lost cause.

This I will tell you folks right here and now.................

I will never watch a Pats game EVER again as long as TB and BB are there. 

I simply cannot stomach that team any more and it's VERY EASY for me not to watch those scumbags.

Edited by njbuff