Miami game time

Jeff3

10 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Gotcha. I've seen lots of stories saying the Bills control their playoff destiny and those are all wrong, too. #fakenews?

We control our own destiny if any of the Jaguars win, Titans lose, Ravens lose.

Pretty much the Titans have to win their division, which pits the Jaguars against us for the wildcard, and they kill us in tie breakers.

Its an unlikely scenario.

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

We control our own destiny if any of the Jaguars win, Titans lose, Ravens lose.

Pretty much the Titans have to win their division, which pits the Jaguars against us for the wildcard, and they kill us in tie breakers.

Its an unlikely scenario.

Yeah I know it's unlikely, but still true. Similarly if the only thing that could knock us out of the playoffs in week 17 were a Browns victory, it would in incorrect before that game is over to say "the bills are in the playoffs"

1 minute ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Yeah I know it's unlikely, but still true. Similarly if the only thing that could knock us out of the playoffs in week 17 were a Browns victory, it would in incorrect before that game is over to say "the bills are in the playoffs"

Its semantics. The titans have little hope to win their division. If the Titans winning their division were the condition needed for the Bills to make the playoffs, you would see a lot of talk of how we have no chance, and we aren't "mathematically" eliminated but we are definitely done.

Yes, technically we don't control our own destiny.

22 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Its semantics. The titans have little hope to win their division. If the Titans winning their division were the condition needed for the Bills to make the playoffs, you would see a lot of talk of how we have no chance, and we aren't "mathematically" eliminated but we are definitely done.

Yes, technically we don't control our own destiny.

I'm an accountant, I live in the technical ?

17 hours ago, Jeff3 said:

Does anyone else think Bills and Miami game has a shot to get switched to 4:25? It would put bills and chargers game at same time, even though Bills and Titans are scheduled to kick at same time. 

It depends on what happens.

If buffalo wins and btimore loses and Tennessee lose then the bills game likely goes to 425 and it could go to NBC.

I think CBS would have patriots, Steelers, and jags playing at 1pm and Baltimore, and buffalo at 425.

If jags and titans for division title then if that isn't on NBC it would be the 425 game.

If San Diego wins and if lose then both at 425.  

As of now the Carolina Atlanta game is in the lead for the NBC game.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

It depends on what happens.

If buffalo wins and btimore loses and Tennessee lose then the bills game likely goes to 425 and it could go to NBC.

I think CBS would have patriots, Steelers, and jags playing at 1pm and Baltimore, and buffalo at 425.

If jags and titans for division title then if that isn't on NBC it would be the 425 game.

If San Diego wins and if lose then both at 425.  

As of now the Carolina Atlanta game is in the lead for the NBC game.

I think it is quite possible the Bills game will be moved to the later slot.

The NFL does not want games to be played where 1 team knows they can rest players and don't need to win b/c of a result that occurred earlier in the day.

They are trying to ensure equal competitiveness from all teams in all games.

This is a very common thing in international soccer tournaments, where all the games at  the same stage of the tournament are played at the same time so no one benefits from knowing the outcome of another game.