Former Chiefs' RB Larry Johnson Believes He Has CTE

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...it is painfully sad especially when he has no one to reach out to.......sad part is there are many, MANY others who are at the curb as forgottens..........

Yeah, this is one of the ideas lost on many who have posted in this thread.  People want to think that most in the NFL lead glamorous lives during and after their careers.  For a lucky few this will be the case but for many others it is not.  The notion also overlooks the guys who played at H>S> and college levels and ended up with problems and never made it to the NFL.  I personally know one person in this category.  His knees are completely shot after a college career full of injuries.

Does anyone know if there has been cases of rugby player having CTE?

The tackling just seems so much less violent.  (I'm sure mostly due to the lack of helmets and other protection.)  May football will go back to playing like that?

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yeah, this is one of the ideas lost on many who have posted in this thread.  People want to think that most in the NFL lead glamorous lives during and after their careers.  For a lucky few this will be the case but for many others it is not.  The notion also overlooks the guys who played at H>S> and college levels and ended up with problems and never made it to the NFL.  I personally know one person in this category.  His knees are completely shot after a college career full of injuries.

...it is sad....what we call "legacy costs" as in pensioners have derailed many US industries into non-competitiveness.....many US corporations have an Unfunded Pension Liability on their balance sheets.....BUT...who directly competes with the NFL for mega BILLIONS in advertising dollars?...no one IMO.....so enriching the pot for those that paved the way bodes NO excuse IMO.....but the current gang reaping the benefits want no part of it.......another inexcusable NFL black eye IMO...........