Is The NFL Alienating Its Base?

3rdnlng

9 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Nope. Cheers to The Bills and to Andy Dalton.

Thumbs down to the NFL players who take a knee during our National Anthem.

I am done with the NFL. Who said I watched that game, or that I'll watch any other. I haven't seen a SB in over three years.

Does that ring your bell? 

giphy.gif

Looks like Garybusey is "ringing his own bell".

• Haha (+1) 2

I’ve got better things to do on Sundays than sit on my ass watching that crap. I used to watch at least 3 games a week when I lived in Rochester. Now I don’t watch at all. 

The same thing happened with MLB after the strike that resulted in the cancellation of the World Series. I haven’t watched a baseball game on TV since. It’s dead to me. 

Nanker, from the first days of TV to recently the avid NFL fan watched every playoff game no matter who played.

Fans don’t watch baseball playoffs closely  unless their team or the Yankees are playing.

i hasn’t bothered with a non-Leaf playoff series for hockey since 1988 or so, (cue joke about Leafs)

for the NFL to lose inherent fan interest in a playoff game is huge

• 2 weeks later...

The NFL has reportedly rejected a print ad for the Super Bowl’s program from the AMVETS veterans group because it asked fans to “please stand” for the national anthem:

HoXA2_VA_bigger.jpg AMVETSVerified account @AMVETSHQ 20h20 hours ago

BREAKING: @NFL Rejects #AMVETS #SuperBowlSuperBowl2018.png Ad Requesting That People ‘#PleaseStand

NFL Rejects AMVETS Super Bowl Print ad requesting that people ‘Please Stand’

According to AMVETS, the ad was fine for both the NBA and NHL:

The same ad was accepted by both the NHL and NBA and is slated to run in the official programs for each organization’s all-star games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

People grossly underestimate how they honestly spend their time on media, they can’t even help it 

Fans love to grumble about how boring it is to watch football but sit there anyway

After 38 straight people boasting they don’t watch TV, meaning they look down on the content of TV, they are like Einstein in their own mind...

they are watching the same same content by streaming

Including YOU!!!! nanker!!!!