'Inside the NFL' : The Perception of Belichick Around the League

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Funny. I think the opposite. I think Belichick is the GOAT and that without him, Brady would be great but not nearly as great. I think, for instance, that Brady would be killed if he were on the Bills. Belichick has his amazing offense that he runs, or has Brady run, but he has consistently found 5-8 OL each year who pass block tremendously for TB. He gets guys that fit his system on offense and defense. He outcoaches every coach in game plans on both sides of the ball. I think with crappy coaching and lousy blocking, Brady would get abused, however great a passer he is.

In my view both are GOAT in their respective roles. BB is the best coach in modern times who tailors his game plan to the team he is playing each weak. He is also a demanding coach who requires a certain type of player who can grasp the constantly changing script weak to weak and within the game itself. 

What makes Brady special is his out of this world competitiveness and incomparable work preparation, in season and out of season. The relationship between player and coach is often contentious but what is unique about it is that Brady who is not only the best player on his team but also the league yet is receptive to being coached hard.  

Who is more important? I would say that they are intertwined and give each of them their due. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the both of them although I find BB's act to be very tiresome.  

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Long time ago, but history says Paul Brown and Otto Graham are the greatest coach/QB combo.   Lombardi and Starr were also dominant.  In the modern era, Walsh and Montana are the best IMO.

30+ years ago is the modern era? How old ARE you?

What is really impressive about NE is the longevity of their run.....Most dynasties last 5-6 years...theirs is going on and on and on...17 years is mind boggling.....15 division title, 11 AFCC appearances, 7 SBs appearances and 5 trophies.....good chance they make the AFCC game again this year.....we've never seen anything like it...and I hope we don't ever again...I truly think NE is hurting the NFL overall....we always hear that dynasties are good for sports...when it reaches that length of time, it ends up being a bad thing.....they've been good for so long that a lot of fans from other AFC teams are just starting to simply don't care...knowing your team has no shot even before the season start is not a good thing for the league.......Brady needs to retire...what else does he need to prove anyways? ...he is widely recognized as the GOAT...got a crap load of cash, a supermodel wife...I mean c'mon.....just leave already....

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ahh the old they must have cheated because the NFL said so.. and we know the NFL aid never wrong. Please see Elliot, Ezikial about that! I will laugh at fans like YOU when the Bills get caught in a huge scandal, and tell the other fans to chill most intelligent fans can see threw the crap.

Who threw the crap? Did it hit anyone? Not a very nice thing to do if you ask me.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

The ole...

lol projection.

You ignored everything he said because you have no response.

Spygate was proper punishment not because of competitive advantage but because of hubris.  The league office sent out a memo saying "don't do this."  Pats did it, got punished.  But Deflategate aka Ballghazi?  The Wells Report, with science commissioned from a firm that exists to gin up reports for polluters and tobacco companies, basically had to claim the head ref from the game was lying, because if he wasn't, then all the measurements exactly matched the Ideal Gas Law.

You can't prove ****, because there isn't **** to prove. 

Look, I get it, it sucks to lose.  It sucked to be a Pats fan before Bledsoe/Tuna.  We had glimmers of hope that were mercilessly stomped out.  But living in a delusional world isn't healthy bro.

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BB/TB have barely squeaked by in SB wins, were handed two by SEA and ATL and then there's the whole cheating element. OTOH,  BW/JM never lost a SB and generally crushed opponents.  All a matter of opinion as both combos have achieved greatly. 

BB/TB have just won so much more games regardless. I hate Bill more than the next guy, and certainly believe Tom Brady is the real driver here, but this long period of dominance has never happened before.

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

30+ years ago is the modern era? How old ARE you?

huh? yeah 1980s is modern era.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

BB/TB have just won so much more games regardless. I hate Bill more than the next guy, and certainly believe Tom Brady is the real driver here, but this long period of dominance has never happened before.

huh? yeah 1980s is modern era.

I have seen longevity without dominance.  The one year they were dominant, they lost the SB to finish 18-1. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have seen longevity without dominance.  The one year they were dominant, they lost the SB to finish 18-1. 

Dominance as defined by longevity I guess. Even still just more wins as a pair than BW/JM.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not in my opnion with such an easy road via the incompetent AFC East. 

true but they also always breeze through playoffs, seems like the ravens were the only team that gave them a hard time in the playoffs.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

true but they also always breeze through playoffs, seems like the ravens were the only team that gave them a hard time in the playoffs.

They have fattened up so much that the division will next year be renamed the AFC Feast

14 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm a life long fan of the Bills and I've seen more lousy football played by this team than I care to admit sometimes.  I'll probably even being watching them get embarrassed again this Sunday.  I'm not sure anything could make me not want to watch, read about, and whole heartedly pray for them to do well.  But... If they're ever proven to be doing things like your team has been proven to have done - to directly cheat in a game; I would stop supporting them and certainly defending them.   ...at least until an entire FO, coaching and roster turn over.  

When something is wrong, it's wrong.  I don't try to rationalize and dismiss it to suite my interests.  But, maybe that's just me and why I'm a nobody on a message board and not a millionaire doing all I can to get ahead.

Proven that my team has done? WhT was Proven? That they taped from the wrong location? OMG the horror!! Or the balls were deflated? Wait that was DISPROVEN BY SCIENCE. Again, I wasn't calling your fandom into question but your ability see past obvious BS by the league... but let the hate run threw you.. we love it.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not in my opnion with such an easy road via the incompetent AFC East. 

Their winning % is the same out side of the division...they win roughly 80% of their games not matter who they play....In a league designed for parity....it's as dominant as dominant can be.....all that with free agency and drafting consistently in the last spots....15 straight year with 10 wins....if it's not dominance, I don't know what is.....

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

Their winning % is the same out side of the division...they win roughly 80% of their games not matter who they play....In a league designed for parity....it's as dominant as dominant can be.....all that with free agency and drafting consistently in the last spots....15 straight year with 10 wins....if it's not dominance, I don't know what is.....

I guess you don't from my perspective. 

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

Simple question...has there been a better team year in and year our since 2001 ?.....that's why I think they are " dominant "....and it's not even close.....

I've already explained why I don't call them dominant. You have a different perspective and that's fine.  

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I've already explained why I don't call them dominant. You have a different perspective and that's fine.  

We all have different views of course, and that's great....I just think that your definition of  " dominance " will never be achieve in the free agency era...... in this current era, the are dominant IMO...and quite frankly, I hope we never see a team that much better than the rest of the league....as I said in an earlier post, I think it's bad for the NFL....

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Simple question...has there been a better team year in and year our since 2001 ?.....that's why I think they are " dominant "....and it's not even close.....

......naw........how could this mean "dominance"?.................

QUICK HITS

• The Patriots have recorded 70 wins over the Bills, the most by the Patriots against any one opponent. The Jets are second with 61 wins.
  • Tom Brady is chasing win #27 versus Buffalo on Sunday December 3, 2017.
  • Bill Belichick has a 80-28 (.741) all-time regular season record against the AFC East as head coach of the Patriots.