Bowl skipping for draft prospects has begun

YoloinOhio

On December 19, 2017 at 10:26 AM, row_33 said:

I will never understand someone who plays and loves football with all his heart and soul refusing to take ANY opportunity to play the game for real, maybe the last time ever.

those of you who never played or loved sports thinking this is a great idea for money reasons are totally and completely wrong on this

I'm with you Row!! If I was GM/HC of a NFL team, I want a "football player" FIRST. Someone who eat, breathe, sleep football and doesn't look at it as a "business". As GM/HC I don't choose any of those players, no matter how talented, with a high draft pick. I want a "football player" before a "talented player"

On 12/30/2017 at 10:37 AM, /dev/null said:

The NFL should disqualify any player voluntarily sitting out their Bowl from Day 1 Draft eligibility.

This doesn't make any sense to me.  They aren't paid any money as it is and they are trying to make sure some day that they will get paid.  Clayton Thorson was carted off with a gruesome knee injury in his bowl game, he's lucky he didn't have to come out this year.  That would've ruined his draft stock and I doubt he'd even been drafted.  The young players have to take care of their future and their families, it's not all about our entertainment.  

26 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

This doesn't make any sense to me.  They aren't paid any money as it is and they are trying to make sure some day that they will get paid.  Clayton Thorson was carted off with a gruesome knee injury in his bowl game, he's lucky he didn't have to come out this year.  That would've ruined his draft stock and I doubt he'd even been drafted.  The young players have to take care of their future and their families, it's not all about our entertainment.  

In state / Out of state tuition

Texas: $25,134 / $50,724

Ohio State: $26,947 / $46,051

Penn State: $33,130 / $47,612

Alabama: $26,074 / $43,394

Tell me again how college football players aren't paid?

How about this, any player refusing to play in the Bowl game should reimburse the school for their tuition?

16 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

In state / Out of state tuition

Texas: $25,134 / $50,724

Ohio State: $26,947 / $46,051

Penn State: $33,130 / $47,612

Alabama: $26,074 / $43,394

Tell me again how college football players aren't paid?

How about this, any player refusing to play in the Bowl game should reimburse the school for their tuition?

Sorry man, I disagree wholeheartedly on this one.  Players have to think about their futures and their families not making more money for a university

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.