Ty Law Visited On Saturday

PTS

Having Nate & Ty as a tandom would be great for this year

The Bills could consider franchising Nate next season& signing him to a long term deal but could also trade him after he is franchised

265446[/snapback]

Why are so many people assuming the Bills would lose NC if they sign Law?

Maybe Law will not get as much $ on the open market as people would think, maybe because the rest of the teams who want him view Law as a high risk....who knows.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are so many people assuming the Bills would lose NC if they sign Law?

Maybe Law will not get as much $ on the open market as people would think, maybe because the rest of the teams who want him view Law as a high risk....who knows.

265454[/snapback]

It's based on the assumption that bringing Ty Law in when we don't need him is going to create a trade possibility with a Free Agent to be.

I would love to keep Nate and sign Ty Law. We would have the best secondary in the NFL, maybe of ALL TIME dare I say it.

It's based on the assumption that bringing Ty Law in when we don't need him is going to create a trade possibility with a Free Agent to be.

I would love to keep Nate and sign Ty Law.  We would have the best secondary in the NFL, maybe of ALL TIME dare I say it.

265462[/snapback]

Especially considering that Law and Nate both have an affinity for making timely INT's. Not to mention Lawyer and Vincent lurking back there. It would be PICK CITY BABYYY!!!!

Is thist all you have to do to not get lit up -- just ask? A kinder, gentler board indeed.

:P

265445[/snapback]

Haha... it's all about how you present your post. TSWers are easily swayed into a positive or negative reponse mode ... that is if you play your cards right. :devil:

We don't mind the rumors,as long as they are not far fetched and obviously made up. I used to see others post here with some rumors which turned out to be dead on, only to be run off the board by people screaming for links or concrete proof. Then came the name calling.

I'd rather read this than some of the mind numbing drivel which has nothing to do with football.

Let's discuss this as a possiblity, albeit a rumor and figure out why the Bills may be entertaining this idea.

This is a Catch-22. If Law's injury has caused his value to drop enough for us to be able to afford him, then I have a bad feeling we don't want him. He was a BIG ticket item before he became broken.

Either that, or I hope the doctor that is evaluating Law is the same that evaluated McGahee before we drafted him! Of course Law isn't a youngster either.

We don't mind the rumors,as long as they are not far fetched and obviously made up. I used to see others post here with some rumors which turned out to be dead on, only to be run off the board by people screaming for links or concrete proof. Then came the name calling.

I'd rather read this than some of the mind numbing drivel which has nothing to do with football.

Let's discuss this as a possiblity, albeit a rumor and figure out why the Bills may be entertaining this idea.

265532[/snapback]

FACT: Ty Law met with the Bills on Saturday.

RUMOR: They are working on a deal.

My buddy said Ty Law was at OBD on Saturday. Anything else is speculative since he obviously didn't sit in on the meeting. But other that eating some Buffalo Wings with TD or playing a friendly game of Madden, why on earth would he be there? Maybe Law wants to get back at the Pats and he wanted to come to talk to TD about playing with the Bills. Maybe the Bills don't have any interest ... but ... obviously at least one side is interested in the other.

Like I said, I know this is a touchy subject, but I have friends in good places that every now and then let me know what's going on inside. I thought I'd share this with my fellow TSWers.

How would you feel with Ty Law . Then say a #1 pick for Clements .

Then the Bills draft big Mike Williams the wideout....I would be pretty happy.

265394[/snapback]

Not sure if this has been talked about, but I heard on FOX SPORTS RADIO (Jim Mora Sr I think) saying that Mike Williams (USC receiver) is being looked at by a lot of teams, as an NFL tight end.

He seems to have the ideal size, and hands to play tight end. It is his so-so speed that is making some teams leary about his NFL potential as a WR...

Not sure if this has been talked about, but I heard on FOX SPORTS RADIO (Jim Mora Sr I think) saying that Mike Williams (USC receiver) is being looked at by a lot of teams, as an NFL tight end.

He seems to have the ideal size, and hands to play tight end.  It is his so-so speed that is making some teams leary about his NFL potential as a WR...

265661[/snapback]

Based on what I saw on the NFL Network's combine coverage, my amateur opinion is that he'd be an awesome TE. Watching him run the 40 was pretty disappointing. The CBs looked the fastest to me overall, but even among the wideouts, MW just didn't look all that fast. On top of that, I'm not convinced he's all that quick, either. Maybe it's just cause he's not in playing shape.....I dunno. But there were even a handful of running backs that I thought looked significantly faster and more explosive than MW did. Besides, this friggin guy is HUGE.

OK, as Mark says, lets discuss this...

Ty Law COULD want to come to Buffalo. Good D, best buds with Milloy, TD known to be pretty fair in contract dealings, chance to stick it to Belly-chuck twice a year. Its an appealing spot from Law's perspective.

The Bills COULD want Law in Buffalo. Best CB in football when healthy, hedge against losing Nate next year. Would give great 1-2 pass coverage punch with Nate this year, moving McGee to nickel. Definite Upgrade. For the Bills, IF Ty Law agrees to an incentive laden deal based on playing time, it might be worth it.

I know the Bills have other needs but maybe there is a way to get this done as well.

My buddy said Ty Law was at OBD on Saturday.

265645[/snapback]

This is what I was asking you the first time when all you did was link back to your original post. I was just wondering who/what your source was.

PS My mistake...I didn't read your original post correctly. :devil:

OK, as Mark says, lets discuss this...

Ty Law COULD want to come to Buffalo.  Good D, best buds with Milloy, TD known to be pretty fair in contract dealings, chance to stick it to Belly-chuck twice a year.  Its an appealing spot from Law's perspective.

The Bills COULD want Law in Buffalo.  Best CB in football when healthy, hedge against losing Nate next year.  Would give great 1-2 pass coverage punch with Nate this year, moving McGee to nickel.  Definite Upgrade.  For the Bills, IF Ty Law agrees to an incentive laden deal based on playing time, it might be worth it.

I know the Bills have other needs but maybe there is a way to get this done as well.

265676[/snapback]

The more I think about this, the more I think that this is something Ty wants and not the Bills. Otherwise, I think the Bills would have said he was in town.

But that might be good thing. Obviously -- even if you don't think there is a need at CB -- if a guy like Ty expresses interest in playing here and is willing to make a good deal, maybe something will happen.

The more I think about this, the more I think that this is something Ty wants and not the Bills. Otherwise, I think the Bills would have said he was in town.

But that might be good thing. Obviously -- even if you don't think there is a need at CB -- if a guy like Ty expresses interest in playing here and is willing to make a good deal, maybe something will happen.

I think the key would be the incentive-laden contract he gets. Will he sign something like that? Will TD even present it? Maybe this is being done on the down-low for a reason. If Ty is interested (and his agent has to know the Bills don't have the cap room for a big signing), then it would be irresponsible for TD not to be interested. Ty Law is the best CB in football when healthy.

You can keep Law at a low salary and throw him a bonus check, to be spread out over 2-4 years. The cap hit would be minimal for the 1st couple of years. Law still gets some cash up front and everyone is happy.

It's not a reach at all.

Patriettes fans have said that Ty Law is a mess physically. Let him receive an offer elsewhere.

TD has gambled on injured players coming back before. Some have worked out (WM) and some have not (Marcus Jones, Jason Gildon). But I like and applaud his willingness to try.

Maybe this is being done on the down-low for a reason.

I just had a thought. I haven't heard of Law making any visits. Maybe he and his agent don't want to publicize anything b/c of what the doctors MAY find when they check him out. It would significantly hurt his market value.