I'm curious in regards to Tyrod's skill set

SinatraSinger

17 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Lol even the people that like Tyrod admit that you need a good defense and good special teams to win. That doesn't sound like a good QB to me

Yet guys like Eli Manning have 2 SB's when those facts were true.  There is MORE than one way to win in the NFL.  This notion that the only way to win a SB is with an Elite QB is a complete farce.  Even in 4 of the last 5 SB's there has either been a Winner or Participant who was a mediocre or worse passing team where the strength was D and Run game.  And thats just using only the Super Bowl as an example.  

TT...is he a guy who can carry your team?  Definitely Not.  Is he a guy you can win with if you put him in the right system that has a good D and some weapons to work with on offense...Yes. 

Honestly, I think he could make the playoffs on a team like Arizona, Denver, or Jacksonville.  He isn't capable of going to a team like Cle or SF and help turn them around, but he can win if he is in a good situation IMO.  And personally I think he will be a Bronco next year and we may just find out.  I don't think AZ will be in play unless Palmer retire which I doubt he does as I think he will play next season with Fitz apparently prepping for a 1 year extension.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If people do not know his strengths and weaknesses by now they have not been paying close attention.  

You mentioned that he has the "skill set" to be a back up QB.  I am asking you to tell me what this skill set is and you can't answer the question.  So many people have mention for so long that he has the skill set that it is nothing but coach speak and means nothing.  What skills do you see that he has that would make him a decent back up in the NFL?  Simple question.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think coaches have a basic philosophy and a big playbook, then smart coaches select from that playbook and tweak it according to the players they have.

I don't know how to say this politely to Dennison but while you may be correct, if he can't look at two years of tape and do a better job figuring out how to use Taylor and McCoy to better advantage, I think his "figuring" is deficient.

I can get behind this.  Nice post.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You did the work, I was lazy and went with the label, I sit corrected.  It certainly wasn't a blowout, though.  30 first downs, 2:1 edge in TOP - a lot of offense in that game including 289 yds passing by TT

I think coaches have a basic philosophy and a big playbook, then smart coaches select from that playbook and tweak it according to the players they have.

I don't know how to say this politely to Dennison but while you may be correct, if he can't look at two years of tape and do a better job figuring out how to use Taylor and McCoy to better advantage, I think his "figuring" is deficient.

....guess my bigger question is "does he wants to"?.........probably my fickleness or senility, but I thought when Dennison flexed his "system" capitalizing on TT's mobility, Taylor actually produced two improved and more well rounded games, where he spread the wealth in one to 9 receivers....if the kid is NOT in your 2018 plan, so be it....but should't we be in WIN NOW mode with the personnel we have to work with?......not sure I understand his issue or rigidity with that......another Fairchild in the making?........

These are the places I get upset with the team.  He plays his ass off in Miami.  Leads to a 4th qtr lead with 1:20.  Defense chokes.   Leads them back down the field in 0T.  Carpenter misses a kick.  Defense chokes.  They bench him the next week.  Fast forward to this year.  We play the Jets.  We are 5 and 2 and everyone is saying he's getting it.   By all accounts in a game where we have a rookie and then back ups and walk ons at WR/TE he plays pretty damn well.  If not for the fumbles and drops he easily throws for 300 and a couple of TD's to go with 35 yards rushing and a TD.  Shady is completely ineffective and the defense gives up 200 and multiple scores rushing.  Next week Taylor doesn't play well.  No excuses.  The defense is getting hammered into the floor.  Personally I couldn't figure out why they weren't throwing every down but either way the passing game wasn't good.  That said in what essentially was an off game for Taylor and a second horrendous showing for the defense the decide to bench Taylor.  If were 4 and 5 or Taylor had multiple bad games where it's clearly him making poor decisions.  March in Peterman.  Here we are at 5 and 4 in the playoff hunt.  Taylor has done enough to get us to 5 and 4 and the "help" just arrived this week.   I definately would have given it more time.  I've thought they would draft a legit prospect/competition this offseason from the outset.  Maybe McDermott doesn't think he can get the defense fixed and is throwing in the towel on the season and we might as well see Peterman.  Let's face it, the defense has been horrendous the last two weeks and Dennison isn't the most innovative 0C in the world.  It's not like Dennison is going to outscore anyone even with Peyton Manning.

Edited by Maine-iac

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....guess my bigger question is "does he wants to"?.........probably my fickleness or senility, but I thought when Dennison flexed his "system" capitalizing on TT's mobility, Taylor actually produced two improved and more well rounded games, where he spread the wealth in one to 9 receivers....if the kid is NOT in your 2018 plan, so be it....but should't we be in WIN NOW mode with the personnel we have to work with?......not sure I understand his issue or rigidity with that......another Fairchild in the making?........

IMO the answer to your question is "no, he does not want to".  But that's a rigidity that doesn't auger well for the Bills long term success.

6 hours ago, tonawandarock said:

this is a forum for opinions...please refrain from rebutting.  thanx hapless

This is a forum for discussion.  Sometimes we discuss facts, sometimes we discuss opinions, sometimes we discuss opinions dressed as facts or facts dressed as opinions.

But to toss out opinion without troubling to tie it to facts, then ask others to do the work for you and find some facts instead of just tossing their opinion back atcha, that's lukewarm.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO the answer to your question is "no, he does not want to".  But that's a rigidity that doesn't auger well for the Bills long term success.

...thanks bud....thought it was just me....if his "beloved system" takes precedence over "winning NOW with the personnel I have to work with", this azzclown needs to be gone......next year is a different story............