Peterman NFL scouting report---comparable: Kirk Cousins

Big Turk

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

If by merely decent you mean 26 for 37, 329 yards and 2 TDs in his first career start then yes, I think we'd take that. 

His second career NFL start?  29 for 45 for 381 yards and 3 TDs...think we'd take that too.

Don't write revisionist and made up history.

I watch him play.  The stats don't tell everything - they never do.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently facts don't get in the way of believing his drivel?

I'm not sure what "his drivel" is.  We many of us have BFS (buffalo fan syndrome).  The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town when the team struggles.

I remember 2007 when fans were in alt that our shiny new 3rd round draft pick, Edwards, replaced the injured Losman who had shown some signs of being an NFL QB the prev. season.  Two years later, we were all happy to see him replaced by Fitzpatrick.  The glitter wore off and 4 years later it was gonna be our shiny new 1st round pick Manuel.

Maybe Peterman will come in and play well for a stretch, but if that changes the team's plans to draft the best QB they can find, "meet the new Boss same as the old"

And yes, at the first bad stretch, fans will be bringing a rail to ride Peterman out on

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

If by merely decent you mean 26 for 37, 329 yards and 2 TDs in his first career start then yes, I think we'd take that. 

His second career NFL start?  29 for 45 for 381 yards and 3 TDs...think we'd take that too.

Why don't you take a look at his 3rd and 4th career starts?  Even Ryan Fitzpatrick looked hotter than Hades the first NFL game he won.
The fact is, Cousins had some good games, but also some stinkers - very inconsistent - and it did take time, about 4 years, for him to start looking like he might be "the Man".
I think he's quite a bit better QB than DC Tom made him sound, but the fact is he's going to be paid like Drew Brees and it's not yet clear if he's Drew Brees or Matt Stafford.

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I watch him play.  The stats don't tell everything - they never do.

And when he threw 3 picks in a half including 2 P6s. What did you say then?

cousins took time to develop. 

Onlh reason Bills fans were patient with him was because he was on a different team. 

Bills fans don't know what it's like to be patient with a young QB. Mostly because our staff isn't either. 

Cousins did struggle with consistency (and interceptions) his first year or two, but he showed flashes right out of the gate, as evidenced by his stats his first two games. However, he didn't really break out as a franchise QB until 2015.

Since then, he has been top 10 in passer rating  and passing yards for 3 straight years. Maybe instead of hoping Peterman is the next Cousins, we should just try to acquire Cousins as a free agent?

Edited by FLXbillsmafia

2 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Let's revisit this Monday after Peterman leads the Bills to a road win in LA vs. the Chargers.

Well then he will be anointed to the Wall of Fame. 

And if he should lay an egg the following week, Bills fans will be crapping on his lawn. 

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Beat me to it. Cousins was fantastic in his first couple appearances.  And it's not as if he cratered Rob Johnson style.  He had a poor 3 starts n his second season, after which we've seen QB ratings of:  86.4, 101.6, 97.2, 98.6. Apparently some people wouldn't take that as an upgrade?