We really should have hired Sean McVay

Yeezus

The bills, like many times before, went with the safe hire. A quality DC with little to no experience developing QB's, and is painfully conservative. I think Mcdermott is a good coach, just not good enough to turn this franchise around. 

Mcdermott doesn't think outside the box, he is far too concerned about losing the game rather than grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and winning with dominance. He hired 2 equally conservative coordinators. How many times have the Bills done this? Pegula has literally not learnt from our past failures. Greg Williams, Jauron, Marrone, Rex, and now Mcdermott. All painfully conservative coaches who have no idea how an NFL offense should be run. 

McVay would have been the perfect hire for this franchise. He would have mentored our future franchise QB, he would have knew how to use the current weapons on this team. As bad as Tyrod has been playing im 100% sure he would be a far better QB with a coach who knew how the hell to use his skillset. 

Rams have turned the corner and its all b/c they rolled the dice on the young coach and won. And we are looking at another year with no playoffs. 

Edited by Yeezus

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Well in retrospect yeah.......pretty easy to play Monday morning QB after the fact though. 

Mcvay was out there for the taking. Its not like the Bills never had a chance

they made the wrong choice, once again. 

23 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

The bills, like many times before, went with the safe hire. A quality DC with little to no experience developing QB's, and is painfully conservative. I think Mcdermott is a good coach, just not good enough to turn this franchise around. 

Mcdermott doesn't think outside the box, he is far too concerned about losing the game rather than grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and winning with dominance. He hired 2 equally conservative coordinators. How many times have the Bills done this? Pegula has literally not learnt from our past failures. Greg Williams, Jauron, Marrone, Rex, and now Mcdermott. All painfully conservative coaches who have no idea how an NFL offense should be run. 

McVay would have been the perfect hire for this franchise. He would have mentored our future franchise QB, he would have knew how to use the current weapons on this team. As bad as Tyrod has been playing im 100% sure he would be a far better QB with a coach who knew how the hell to use his skillset. 

Rams have turned the corner and its all b/c they rolled the dice on the young coach and won. And we are looking at another year with no playoffs. 

I had a thread stating exactly this with an article about McVay back during the coaching search. I was roundly booed and told that a 31 year old had no right coaching an NFL team. Can't find that thread anymore. BTW, Don Shula was the same age when he started.

Edited by horned dogs