Shelton.Demulling.Teague.Villarial.Williams

I don't know why but I just have this feeling (Not just hope) that TD is going to get this done considering how important the o-line is to JP's development.  This allows us to shore up the CB, TE and back-up RB position via the draft which I think is the best way to go.

Does anyone else see this happening?

264613[/snapback]

I don't see the Shelton trade happening. I'm basing this purely on internet rumors, but I just don't think Henry was ever that intriguing an option to the Cards. And if a Shelton trade isn't possible, then any LT outside a player already on our roster may not be possible either.

So that would leave us with Teague, MW, and Gandy as potential LT's.

I see this as the most viable direction to take:

LT: Mike Williams

LG: Free Agent

C: Teague (maybe Tucker since I like him better for run blocking)

RG: Villarial

RT: Free Agent

DeMulling would be a great LG addition, as you suggested.

For RT, my preference would be Fred Miller. But if Stockar McDougle's price comes down, I wonder if McNally would be interested in working with this underachieving lard.

I don't see the Shelton trade happening. I'm basing this purely on internet rumors, but I just don't think Henry was ever that intriguing an option to the Cards. And if a Shelton trade isn't possible, then any LT outside a player already on our roster may not be possible either.

For RT, my preference would be Fred Miller. But if Stockar McDougle's price comes down, I wonder if McNally would be interested in working with this underachieving lard.

264614[/snapback]

Do you know how many times I heard that the Moss for Coles swap was dead? At least once a day and now Moss is a Redskin.

Keep in mind Arizona's asking price from the two teams trying to acquire him (Chicago and Tampa Bay), a second round pick. No way they give up a 2nd rounder considering how many holes each team has.

I really think we'll get this done, maybe not this week or this month but I think it'll get done.

264614[/snapback]

At this point i'd throw in a 4th round pick for Shelton if that what it takes. What tackles in the draft that we have a shot at in the 2nd-7th round that could step in and start immediately at LT like Shelton can? There isn't one!

Trade for Shelton, sign Demulling, and we still have our 2nd and 3rd round pick for other positions.

At this point i'd throw in a 4th round pick for Shelton if that what it takes. What tackles in the draft that we have a shot at in the 2nd-7th round that could step in and start immediately at LT like Shelton can? There isn't one!

Trade for Shelton, sign Demulling, and we still have our 2nd and 3rd round pick for other positions.

264620[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. My guess is once Chicago and Tampa balk at the Cards demands we''l sweeten our deal.

Arizona WANTS Travis. What is holding up the deal is that Travis won't sign a contract extension so it's not like we don't have a player that they desire.

I think this deal gets done.

264620[/snapback]

if you throw in a 4th, then denny green wins. why would we need to throw in extra valuable draft picks for a player that is in green's doghouse and that he wants to get rid of? don't get impatient. A straight up trade is more than fair considering our player has been to the probowl. !@#$ green if he won't take a straight up trade. i'm not down with OPP and have no interest in overpaying for it.

The Shelton deal just isn't happening. I think its time we all come to grips with it.

From all reports, it could have happened at one time but Travis had to be a jackass. They wanted him to play out the last year of his Bills contract and then evaluate at the end of the season. But he wanted to work a brand new deal.

This gave Denny Green time to realize that he has a high pick in the first round for a guy like Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams and that Travis isn't really the type of back he wants. Shelton is well on his way to Chicago by all reports. But the bottom line is, they just don't want Travis anymore.

I think realistically, here's hoping our line looks like this:

LG: Rick DeMulling

C: Chris Spencer (2nd Rd., Top Center from Ole Miss)

RG: Chris Villarial

RT: Trey Teague

I think that this trade is all but dead. Travis isn't the kind of back that Dennis Green wants to see in his offense, he has already stated this and they are looking to shore up their RB needs via the draft this year that is producing a copious amount of stellar ones.

I wouldn' t mind seeing MW move over to LT, however, I just don't think that he has the speed to keep guys like Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, or Jevon Kearse off of JP. I think that you may see Jason Peters get a shot at LT and if all else fails, you plug in Trey Teague ( ;)).

There is now way that I believe that a 2nd round LT can come out of the draft and be successful in his rookie year at the most demanding OL position. OTOH, a center can be replace and asked to start and be more productive than Teague has been over the past couple of years.

I am truly surprised at how many people are suggesting the Mike Williams to LT position switch... I mean, what other LT in the NFL carries as much weight as MW? Is anyone within 20 lbs? I think MW would get JP killed at LT by RDE's that do a beep-beep routine right around his fat ass.

I am truly surprised at how many people are suggesting the Mike Williams to LT position switch... I mean, what other LT in the NFL carries as much weight as MW?  Is anyone within 20 lbs?  I think MW would get JP killed at LT by RDE's that do a beep-beep routine right around his fat ass.

264683[/snapback]

Agreed. I do not see him as even close to being agile enough to play LT.

Agreed. I do not see him as even close to being agile enough to play LT.

264686[/snapback]

He's been showing improvements and I don't think it's too much to ask a near 400 lb. man to drop some weight before training camp.

Do you think we used the 4th overall pick in the draft for a guy to play Right Tackle his whole career?

He's been showing improvements and I don't think it's too much to ask a near 400 lb. man to drop some weight before training camp.

Do you think we used the 4th overall pick in the draft for a guy to play Right Tackle his whole career?

264693[/snapback]

I think it may have been their original intention to have MW play LT when they drafted him, but I also believe that management quickly found out that he was not as good as they thought he was, and they have since changed their plans for him. That's why he struggled his first couple of season here and why he's never been tried at LT and why he never will be tried there. He can still be a very good RT, though.

Forget salary. You shouldn't place players into positions based on salary. You should obviously do it by talent and skill. Putting Mike Williams at left tackle is like trying to fit an extremely fat peg into a skinny hole.

If the Henry for Shelton deal is indeed dead, lets stop screwing around and just ship them our 3rd rounder.  I know, its a large price to pay, but it'll definitely get Shelton in a Bills uniform.

264706[/snapback]

Yeah really!

We could trade a 3rd to AZ for Shelton and then trade Henry to someone for a 3rd. Indirectly, the trade gets done.

I think it may have been their original intention to have MW play LT when they drafted him, but I also believe that management quickly found out that he was not as good as they thought he was, and they have since changed their plans for him.  That's why he struggled his first couple of season here and why he's never been tried at LT and why he never will be tried there. 

264704[/snapback]

A big factor in MW's slow development was the inferior OL coaching he had his first few years here. He probably had better coaching at Texas. MW made good strides last year when he had his first professional coaching under McNally.

A big factor in MW's slow development was the inferior OL coaching he had his first few years here.  He probably had better coaching at Texas.  MW made good strides last year when he had his first professional coaching under McNally.

264750[/snapback]

Excellent point!

That's why I was amazed that we let JJ go and haven't brought back Price yet. Yet again, maybe they weren't buying into the program.

264614[/snapback]

According to St Louis Today Miller is making a choice between signing with the Bears and Saints. Let's hope it's the Bears in order to make Shelton a better possibility.

According to St Louis Today Miller is making a choice between signing with the Bears and Saints. Let's hope it's the Bears in order to make Shelton a better possibility.

265005[/snapback]

Thats what I'm hoping for as well...if the Bears can get Miller, then Shelton is even more likely to be a Bill. If not...they'll push hard to land Shelton and we might lose out.