Where is the pass rush???

The juice

---------------

Disagree. Shaq is not a prototypical pass rusher. His game is setting the edge which he does extremely well. He forces everything in front of him to the outside for others to clean up and that's the type of defense the team runs.

If you are a first round DE, you better friggin' be able to rush the passer. It's job 1 for a DE.

If you don't get middle pressure from Marcell the QB can step up in the pocket. Bills fans continue to get screwed into believe this bullcrap about players. We can lose Jason Peters because we have Karl Malone's son. This is the same crap. We can lose Marcel we have Cedric Thornton. Same **** different coach/front office.

If you don't get middle pressure from Marcell the QB can step up in the pocket. Bills fans continue to get screwed into believe this bullcrap about players. We can lose Jason Peters because we have Karl Malone's son. This is the same crap. We can lose Marcel we have Cedric Thornton. Same **** different coach/front office.

I don't think any serious fan - and certainly not Bills management - thought that Cedric Thornton would be the equal of Dareus. Not even the equal of an unmotivated Dareus. They've depleted the D line with 2018-19 in mind. I think that was wise since I think this is a very mediocre team that was more than a little lucky to be sitting at 5-2 (4-2 when Dareus was traded), and that with or without Dareus it still needs a good measure of luck to sneak into the playoffs. But that's not the same thing as saying that somehow they thought a 29 year old journeyman could provide the level of play that Dareus did.

The lack of a consistent pass rush is a bit of a concern. I'd like to see them change it up a little, try some different looks but they keep it simple and stay the course with the gameplan for the most part. When Beane and McD were in Carolina, the management there drafted DL year after year even though they had some solid players there already. I'd expect them to go after some DL in free agency and the draft.

I don't think any serious fan - and certainly not Bills management - thought that Cedric Thornton would be the equal of Dareus. Not even the equal of an unmotivated Dareus. They've depleted the D line with 2018-19 in mind. I think that was wise since I think this is a very mediocre team that was more than a little lucky to be sitting at 5-2 (4-2 when Dareus was traded), and that with or without Dareus it still needs a good measure of luck to sneak into the playoffs. But that's not the same thing as saying that somehow they thought a 29 year old journeyman could provide the level of play that Dareus did.

I disagree. I think they thought they could win with Thornton. I think they believed the hype about the "team." It's clear they believe losing Marcell wouldn't effect the defense.

Pass rush has disappeared after a good start to the season but aside from Hughes who on the dline scares you if you are an opposing offense?

Lawson has certainly been a bust if you consider his strength in college was as a pass rusher. KW obviously showing his age and the rest of these guys are just backups being thrust into starting roles especially now that Dareus is gone.

Good news is we should be able to address both DT and DE in a major way next year through the draft and/or FA to find the type of guys McD truly needs for his defense.

Pass rush has disappeared after a good start to the season but aside from Hughes who on the dline scares you if you are an opposing offense?

Lawson has certainly been a bust if you consider his strength in college was as a pass rusher. KW obviously showing his age and the rest of these guys are just backups being thrust into starting roles especially now that Dareus is gone.

Good news is we should be able to address both DT and DE in a major way next year through the draft and/or FA to find the type of guys McD truly needs for his defense.

Two problems :

(1) No pass rush will be a massive issue in the Patriots games. The way to beat them is pressure and hit Brady. I still think a major turning point in Atlanta's Super Bowl loss was when they stopped getting pressure on the quarterback.

(2) All those draft choices amassed in the Bills' hope chest are really impressive. But start tallying up all the needs and suddenly they don't seem that many.

Edited by grb

Two problems :

(1) No pass rush will be a massive issue in the Patriots games. The way to beat them is pressure and hit Brady. I still think a major turning point in Atlanta's Super Bowl loss was when they stopped getting pressure on the quarterback.

(2) All those draft choices amassed in the Bills' hope chest are really impressive. But start tallying up all the needs and suddenly they don't seem that many.

Just like with Dick 'The Corpse' Jaraun, Brady is going to systematically destroy this defense when faces them.