Another Driver Of The Year

TSNBDSC

Looks like the idiot was trying to stop in the middle of the highway to make a u-turn. They're lucky that they didn't get driven into the split in the median and had the car sliced.

That's a good theory and yes, it's too bad the car didn't get cut in half lengthwise on the median.

Would have made for cool video.

Which one the driver who was hit or the one who hit them? Defensive driving is survival driving. Now Im not saying Id not have rammed into him either but Im always aware of how dumb people are and that at any moment some idiot is going to pull a stunt like that. I guess thats from 35 years of driving CA freeways.

Which one the driver who was hit or the one who hit them? Defensive driving is survival driving. Now Im not saying Id not have rammed into him either but Im always aware of how dumb people are and that at any moment some idiot is going to pull a stunt like that. I guess thats from 35 years of driving CA freeways.

The moron is the one with the blinker on trying to stop and make a left turn on the highway while slowing down to what I would guess is +\- 35. The "semi" (a guess based on the height of the camera) did the right thing and just plowed into the moron. There is no way that "semi" is going to be able to stop in time (my guess doing about 70) to avoid hurting that moron without swerving, jack knifing and wrecking and injuring a lot more than one car and person. The trucker did the right thing. I'm sure the trucker will be found at fault at least 50% on this one but has a chance to save his ass a bit with video evidence.

The moron is the one with the blinker on trying to stop and make a left turn on the highway while slowing down to what I would guess is +\- 35. The "semi" (a guess based on the height of the camera) did the right thing and just plowed into the moron. There is no way that "semi" is going to be able to stop in time (my guess doing about 70) to avoid hurting that moron without swerving, jack knifing and wrecking and injuring a lot more than one car and person. The trucker did the right thing. I'm sure the trucker will be found at fault at least 50% on this one but has a chance to save his ass a bit with video evidence.

Semi's are not allowed in the number one lane here in CA. Maybe for this reason.

That's funny, same here in Florida, around the major cities anyway.

Good thing that car wasn't an old Pinto

When we first moved here a semi came barreling down on us flashing it's lights and blaring it's horn. Had no idea why he didn't just pass us in the fast lane. Had no idea he couldn't.

Theres a vehicle in the middle lane right before the hit, the trucker may have been clear of it, but why risk taking out someone else instead of teaching an idiot a lesson.

As for the left lane, Ive seen restrictions just around heavy traffic areas and hills. But not universal No Trucks In Left Lane postings