Do you believe the Bills are a playoff team in 2017?

This " Offense" is in shambles.

The D will wear down as the season goes on.

I know I'm about to get the " Hot Take" criticism but for me it is that simple.

I don't confuse what I want with what is. We are on pace to have a sub-30 Offense.

What the hell kind of an answer is that to the question he asked?

Why did you only include the people who said we wouldn't make the playoffs when in your very own thread there are a good number who say we will?

The Bills have emerged from the toughest part of their schedule 3-2 and tied for first place in the AFCE, with the bye week coming up. There has been a massive overreaction to the Bengals loss, where admittedly the offense played poorly, albeit on the road against a very good defense.

The schedule gets much softer from here, and the defense and special teams have been consistently excellent. I say the Bills are a playoff team this year, but it might not be pretty.

Great points!

I think one thing folks over look there's the fact that our two losses came against two of the top five defenses (both overall and passing specifically) and they were both on the opponent's home turf where the defense for the home team gets the greatest advantage while the opposing offense is at its greatest disadvantage.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell kind of an answer is that to the question he asked?

Why did you only include the people who said we wouldn't make the playoffs when in your very own thread there are a good number who say we will?

Great points!

I think one thing folks over look there's the fact that our two losses came against two of the top five defenses (both overall and passing specifically) and they were both on the opponent's home turf where the defense for the home team gets the greatest advantage while the opposing offense is at its greatest disadvantage.

Good point, and we still almost won both.

Here's another reason I actually think we're a playoff team even with Taylor at QB.

Taylor's 2 worst games this year were on the road against 2 of the top 5 NFL defenses. Top 5 overall AND top 5 specifically in passing defense.

We play 2 more games against top 10 defenses in Miami, and they're pretty clearly beatable with a terrible offense. After that, the rest of our games are against defenses ranked in the 23-32 range.

Plus, 6 home games vs 5 away games.

Taylor passing at home: 211 YPG, 65% completions, 8.0 YPA, 25 TDs, 9 INTs, team is 11-6

Taylor passing away: 199.5 YPG, 60.4% completions, 6.7 YPA, 18 TDs, 5 INTs, team is 7-10

Edited by transplantbillsfan