RIP Donald Malarkey

Cripple Creek

Ah man, this is a real bummer.

Many of the BOB guys have passed away in the last few years.

Most of the guys who were on screen during interviews back when the show aired are now gone.

Soon it's going to be hard to find living WWII veterans.

Thank them while you can!

Don't forget about The Pacific. Its WWII seen through the lenses of three men - John Basilone, Robert Leckie, and Eugene Sledge. It's equally as compelling as BOB, IMHO.

I found The Pacific to be disappointing; too disjointed and not enough time to combine three stories into one.

They should have stuck with Eugene Sledge's "With the Old Breed" and just done a series on that.

Also, the third HBO WW2 series is coming soon, maybe next year?

"The Mighty Eighth" is the working title I believe, based on Don Miller's work "Masters of the Air."

All about the 8th Air Force's daylight bombing campaign over Europe in WWII.

This one is produced by Hanks and Spielberg as well.

RIP

Another American Hero has passed on.

I found The Pacific to be disappointing; too disjointed and not enough time to combine three stories into one.

They should have stuck with Eugene Sledge's "With the Old Breed" and just done a series on that.

Also, the third HBO WW2 series is coming soon, maybe next year?

"The Mighty Eighth" is the working title I believe, based on Don Miller's work "Masters of the Air."

All about the 8th Air Force's daylight bombing campaign over Europe in WWII.

This one is produced by Hanks and Spielberg as well.

This should be quite an interesting series. Just hearing the perspective from former airmen that knew they had better odds of being killed or captured than living has to be incredibly emotional to tell and to watch.