AFC East teams have not improved

jahnyc

Interesting that the teams in the AFC East have taken some hits this offseason.

The Bills have lost Jennings, Williams and will hopefully trade Henry.

The Jets have lost McKenzie, Ferguson and Jordan (interesting, similar position losses to Bills, a RT, a DT and a back-up RB, all solid players).

The Dolphins cut some decent players and have little room to sign free agents (plus they were terrible last year and will start Feely this year)

The Pats have lost Weiss, Crennel, Patten, possibly T. Brown and Bruski.

You really do not think the Raiders got beter since Jan 1?  Seriously?

262740[/snapback]

Adding Jordan and Moss definitely helps, but they don't have a QB. Collins was mediocre at best last season and who knows how much longer the suddenly injury-prone Gannon will be around? If they decide not to make a move at QB, I could definitely see Randy getting fed up sometime around Week 5.

As far as Jordan goes, here's a guy who's never had more than 100 carries in a season. I know he was decent last year in a part-time role with C. Martin but until he proves me wrong, Jordan (to me) is just another RB similar to what Oakland has been using for the last couple years. The Zeroue-Wheatley-Garner mold.

All I'm saying is, until Oakland gets a QB and Jordan can show that he's the 1,000 yard rusher they're hoping he is...I don't really think they've improved.

Oakland gets worse on D, gives up its first rounder for a guy with TREMENDOUS talent but is by all accounts a turd. He may prove to be more trouble than he's worth.

In other words, a perfect Raider. They're still too far away to compete however.