[Please Change Title]Great Ringer Article......

Billsfan1972

10 pages on McDermott's excessive clapping (and it is really stupid the amount he does) and a great article on the issue everyone has with TT that is an epidemic in the NFL and one response?

Anyone else read it and have some comments/insight?

Revise the title to indicate what the article is about, maybe? It is a very good article, I just have nothing to add to the discussion.

It's a complicated problem. On the one hand, he's saying that the league rewards bad QBs who play conservatively, but he also acknowledges that there are only a handful of really good QBs. If the teams without elite QBs play more aggressively, I think you'll see a lot more blowout games, especially when those teams face one of the greats.

Pretty much sums up the Bills Offense the last 17 years......

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/19/16332762/watchability-fun-football-boring-quality-of-play

Not a bad article but I think that statistics hide the fact that offensive innovation and defensive success are like waves...some new "system"...like the K-Gun comes along and has some success until coaches figure out a way to defend it. I think what you are seeing is the success of defenses against the current "systems". Bigger, faster defenders are also a factor. The "Refrigerator" Perry was an oddity at 300 lbs 30 years ago, now he would be an average sized lineman.