Peterman wins the game by the game by 10.

PinOak

I don't think any QB makes that throw. Maybe Rodgers tries it because he's that good. QBs are taught to never throw back over their body like that, that's how you toss up easy picks. Tyrod was never looking in that direction. It's a run 1 yard or throw to the FB play. Problem is the FB had the ball hit his hands but dropped it. He wasn't touched and neither was the ball. That's a 3rd down miss.

Maybe other plays will turn up showing receivers he missed. But as I mentioned in another thread we have nothing to compare that to. I saw a play in the Falcons game where Matt Ryan overthrew Taylor Gabriel on a deep sideline throw. The broadcast replay showed Julio Jones running a cross route over the middle and he was wide open. I doubt Matt Ryan misses that kind of thing nearly as often as Tyrod does but without a comparison it's impossible to know what the difference is. Was Tyrod even supposed to look at O'leary on that play? We will never know. Only the coaches do. To my eyes it looks like a designed run or pass to DiMarco. On a 3rd and 1 that will usually work for us. But he needs to catch the ball that hits his hands cleanly.

Conservative is always the right choice on 3rd and 1. People thinking he should have thrown to O'Leary are doing classic hindsight analysis. Last year there were several 3rd and shorts where Tyrod threw an intermediate or deep pass and people wondered why he didn't take the safe throw. Now he takes the safe throw, but because DiMarco can't make a simple clean catch it is why didn't Tyrod take the riskier option? I don't ever want Tyrod making that pass to O'Leary. If the FB catches the ball we aren't talking about that play.

I will disagree fully with this - he could of set his feet to make that throw. Across the league this play gets made by many QBs that can roll out. It was simple - your full back is covered and you 2 guys coming - the play is set up to have 3 levels. The full back short, O'Leary slightly deeper and I believe it was Clay slightly deeper. It puts pressure on the defense on multiple levels and the D broke down and you have a guy wide open and TT never pulls off Dimarco.

The issue is these throws are not always picked up by TT and this is a key play in this offense - you see these route combos throughout the game. He needs to make a read and come off the primary and pick up the secondary receivers. I believe that cause the Int in week 1 - he took to long to move to the Clay waiting for Zay to open up.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will disagree fully with this - he could of set his feet to make that throw. Across the league this play gets made by many QBs that can roll out. It was simple - your full back is covered and you 2 guys coming - the play is set up to have 3 levels. The full back short, O'Leary slightly deeper and I believe it was Clay slightly deeper. It puts pressure on the defense on multiple levels and the D broke down and you have a guy wide open and TT never pulls off Dimarco.

The issue is these throws are not always picked up by TT and this is a key play in this offense - you see these route combos throughout the game. He needs to make a read and come off the primary and pick up the secondary receivers. I believe that cause the Int in week 1 - he took to long to move to the Clay waiting for Zay to open up.

The FB was covered... yet he got his hands cleanly on the ball with no kind of interference from the defender. DiMarco needs to make the catch, plain and simple. Tyrod's eyes were always to the sideline because that's how the play was designed. If O'Leary was a receiving option on that play he needed to run a lot faster to get into a throwing lane. From my eyes it looks like if anything O'Leary's role on the play is to set up a block for Tyrod or DiMarco once the 1st down was obtained. I don't know that for sure but I am quite sure not a single coach in the league would want him to throw that ball to O'Leary. And again - if the catch is made, which it easily should have been, you wouldn't be making this point.