After review of the Carolina week 1 game...

ajmac

I hope Taylor works like crazy all week on his ball fakes. Play action should be his friend, but he's been in shotgun so much, his fakes are not so good.

Need to freeze those LBs as much as possible or they will be clogging up the middle & deflecting balls.

Their LBs are really, realy good.

Best believe we'll see plenty of P.A , that's going to be the staple of our pass attack. A game like this is where a guy like Dimarco really makes a difference, with his run/catch ability ,you have to account for him and that just opens space all over the field.

Love the optimism. I think as long as we minimize mistakes, your prediction sounds just about right.

I also saw the same thing you did from SF. They had opportunities against that D and shot themselves in the foot on numerous occasions. If we can play clean and not turn the ball over I think 27-20 is doable.

Yup. SF looked like they thought it was still pre season at points, even though Car beat them by 3 scores, they didn't dominate like we did the Jets, of course,they weren't at home either,so, it's an unfair comparison, but I hope we start fast like last week, we only put up 7 in the first half but left 6-10 points on the board,and we controlled that game from kickoff to kneel down.

Last year we were notoriously slow starters ,I want at least a FG on that opening drive, you can't prepare for a Shady McCoy, he's in the rare talent conversation, if Tyrod plays similar to last week, I'd bet the house we win comfortably

I was at the game and I believe that Carolina is beatable. The Niners are pretty horrible and the Panthers did a nice job of shutting them down, including two 4th and 1 plays at the 50 yard line. Not too hard to do with Hoyer leading the Niners. Taylor will be more difficult for Carolina. Cam Newton was definitely rusty. If we take McCaffery out of it, we will eliminate a huge piece of their offense. He is pretty speedy and catches lots of dumps and turns them into nice YAC. If it were in Buffalo, I'd say we win. Not sure if Carolina has a tough atmosphere. Lots of Carolina fans were out here for the game and I chatted with several- there is a lot of respect for McDermott and Beane. The consensus I got is they think this will be a good game.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

I was at the game and I believe that Carolina is beatable. The Niners are pretty horrible and the Panthers did a nice job of shutting them down, including two 4th and 1 plays at the 50 yard line. Not too hard to do with Hoyer leading the Niners. Taylor will be more difficult for Carolina. Cam Newton was definitely rusty. If we take McCaffery out of it, we will eliminate a huge piece of their offense. He is pretty speedy and catches lots of dumps and turns them into nice YAC. If it were in Buffalo, I'd say we win. Not sure if Carolina has a tough atmosphere. Lots of Carolina fans were out here for the game and I chatted with several- there is a lot of respect for McDermott and Beane. The consensus I got is they think this will be a good game.

Agree with shutting down McCaffery, and that was why I suggested or I guess just hope we can hit him early and rattle him a bit. Also nice to hear that there is some respect there for McD and Beane, they both seem like stand up guys. The character of this team, hopefully will be reflected more and more as we move forward from what they are trying to build. I am not sure we are ready yet, but I do believe they are making the right steps.

Let's hope we can keep our heads about us this asunday if the adversity hits early and not do the cliche, "here we go again bit". That is tough not to do when you have had a drought like the Bills. With so many new faces, this might be our year to at least make a step forward in that regard.

.....but they "only" beat the 49ers.

I couldn't help myself.

I was waiting for someone to say that:)