NE loses Patten, he signs with skins

VABills

Derrick Mason seemed to think so.

So, because one guy's wife prefers Baltimore over New England as a place to live (that's live, not play), you have concluded that no one but Ed Hartwell wants to play for the Patriots anymore.

With logic like that, it's no wonder you're always wrong abut everything.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, because one guy's wife prefers Baltimore over New England as a place to live (that's live, not play), you have concluded that no one but Ed Hartwell wants to play for the Patriots anymore.

It's based on more than just that, FYI. Mason was one example. But I also don't see any big-names that they signed, or anyone (except for Hartwell) talking about wanting to play for them, and no Duane Starks doesn't count.

With logic like that, it's no wonder you're always wrong abut everything.

Yeah, if you say so. :devil:

I swear that Snyder is just like a guy at a fantasy football draft except he is playing with live bullets.

261673[/snapback]

what a horrible move by the skins. patten was clearly on the outs in NE, surpassed by branch and givens. at this stage of his career, he defines "just another guy." i don't know how much the skins spent, but i have no doubt it was too much. that team is laughably pathetic. since i despise them, i must say that i love it.

It's based on more than just that, FYI.  Mason was one example.  But I also don't see any big-names that they signed...

It's two days into free agency. Only a handful of team have signed big names, so the Pats aren't unique in having not yet done so. This fact is compounded by the fact that New England generally doesn't go after big names in the first place. Your logic is extremely flawed.

...or anyone (except for Hartwell) talking about wanting to play for them, and no Duane Starks doesn't count.

Two days into free agency, a player has gone out of his way to single out new England as a place he'd like to play? How many other players have singled out teams that have not yet contacted them? Not many, I'd say. Again, flawed logic.

Yeah, if you say so. :devil:

I don't need to say anything. Your record of prognosticative ineptitude speaks for itself.

Wonder what kind of money he got, if it isn't alot that'de be good for us.  David Terrell would probably be cheaper and I'de like to see him in a bills uniform if the price is right.

261694[/snapback]

WRONG. David Terrell trains at the same place in Richmond where my boss is a personal trainer. Terrell has some serious, serious character issues. He's a flat out jerk, and always has been.

My boss has been telling me this for 3 years.

David Terrell can take his services elsewhere. When he gets over himself, maybe he'll work harder and actually become a decent WR.

Does the Salary cap not apply to the fuggin Foreskins?

They sign everyone! Where does the cash come from?

261709[/snapback]

Who cares how much they spend, as long as they keep losing. Its like watching the Yankees spend away, and then finish behind Toronto in the final standings. ahh, what a pleasure that would be.

It's not just who isn't coming to the Pats, it's who they've lost.

Roman Phifer, smart 4th LB

Joe Andruzzi, better than average road grader

Ty Law, shut down corner

Troy Brown, triple threat; WR, punt returner, CB(3 INTs)

David Patten, 44 catches 7TDs(tied team lead)

I hope I'm wrong, because he's a great guy, but Tedy Bruschi may have played his last game.

And of course, Weis and Crennel arguably the 2 best coordinators in the league.

Hollywood will tell us that none of this matters, but as a rival AFC East team I think

parity may be returning to our division.

Everyone said last year, around this time that the Pats have no running game (A Smith over the hill), no blocking (with the loss of Woody) and will never be able to stop the run with losses of Hamilton and Washington.

How did that work out for them?

Pats will find a way, they always do.

While I don't want to pile on with our Pat's Fan's bandwagon... exactly what is leading anyone to believe Buffalo is a "prime destination"?

We "should" be considering we are a team on the rise, and we always get good press from our former players about the fans and Ralph... (not TD though - he plays hardball). But we haven't had any visits (that we know of), nor are we listed on anyone's "wish" list it seems.

While TD was what we needed to balance the salary cap... I think he needs to adapt now to something a little different and not play hardball the way he does. I think his biggest fault (perhaps because he comes from the media) is that he believes what the media says 'market value' for a player is, and therefore assumes we can't afford the likes of Pat or Jonas... When both of them said they never even got an offer after last year (which was most likely a lowball number). What pisses me off almost more is that we didn't offer Marcus Price anything either, so he's another FA and was at least an adequate backup for a position we now need a starter in as well... Maybe TD knows something about our young guys we don't.... but damn, I'd have rather let them sit another year or two behind JJ & PW...

It's based on more than just that, FYI.  Mason was one example.  But I also don't see any big-names that they signed, or anyone (except for Hartwell) talking about wanting to play for them, and no Duane Starks doesn't count.

Yeah, if you say so. B-)

261848[/snapback]

Since when have the Pats ever been interested in signing the "big names"? They dont seem to go ga-ga over big name guys. That formula has worked pretty well for them to this point. Who are we to argue it?

Since when have the Pats ever been interested in signing the "big names"?    They dont seem to go ga-ga over big name guys.    That formula has worked pretty well for them to this point.  Who are we to argue it?

I'm not arguing the PAST strategy, but as SH said, they've lost more than a few important players and coaches, so using the PAST strategy likely isn't going to cut it anymore. We'll see, but if Belichick can win any more SB's, I'll be the first in-line to call for his immediate enshrinement into the HOF.

If TE Ben Watson is fully recovered from his season-ending injury (knee?), he has speed to burn.

262463[/snapback]

Yes speed to burn for a tight end. I don't think he'll be converting to WR. Particularly not with Givens around. One of those tight ends Graham, Fauria or Watson has to go. Love to see Watson Or Graham here.

If TE Ben Watson is fully recovered from his season-ending injury (knee?), he has speed to burn.

...until he gets injured again. I loved his combine stats, but his college production and injury history made me wary of him. Matt Jones has the same numbers, if not better, but doesn't have the experience at TE and is durable.

...until he gets injured again.  I loved his combine stats, but his college production and injury history made me wary of him.  Matt Jones has the same numbers, if not better, but doesn't have the experience at TE and is durable.

262505[/snapback]

Didn't know about a history of injury. Yep, Jones can fly.

I'm not arguing the PAST strategy, but as SH said, they've lost more than a few important players and coaches, so using the PAST strategy likely isn't going to cut it anymore.  We'll see, but if Belichick can win any more SB's, I'll be the first in-line to call for his immediate enshrinement into the HOF.

262372[/snapback]

I believe that ship has already left port and is steaming towards Canton.

Uhhh...why?  Most NFL teams carry three TEs.

Don't hold your breath.  The Pats aren't in the business of cutting guys who are still playing out their rookie contacts.

262675[/snapback]

I am not quite sure what these people are thinking either.