NE loses Patten, he signs with skins

VABills

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does that leave NE with at WR now, Givens and Branch?  Brown may still be back, but they need some help at that position.

I doubt Brown returns to them and if last year is any indication, his abilities are in major decline. The Pats made a major push to sign Derrick Mason, even offering him a higher contract that the Ravens did, but Mason's wife wanted to be in Baltimore. And it will be interesting to see what happens with Givens' situation, i.e. will he holdout for more money than the $1.43M tender.

I doubt Brown returns to them and if last year is any indication, his abilities are in major decline.  The Pats made a major push to sign Derrick Mason, even offering him a higher contract that the Ravens did, but Mason's wife wanted to be in Baltimore.  And it will be interesting to see what happens with Givens' situation, i.e. will he holdout for more money than the $1.43M tender.

261703[/snapback]

What scares me is that BB usually pulls some kind of horseshoe deal out of his arse and this year will probably be no different. If Givens holds out, BB will say try again next year.

What scares me is that BB usually pulls some kind of horseshoe deal out of his arse and this year will probably be no different.  If Givens holds out, BB will say try again next year.

We'll see. It doesn't seem like anyone thinks they're a prime destination anymore, except for maybe Edgerton Hartwell.

Washington was supposedly $7 million under after extending/restructuring Samuels then went on another spending spree signing Ravens Center Casey Rabach to a 5 year, $13.75 million contract including a $2.5 million bonus, resigning a few of their own free agents and now signing Patten. They did lose a couple of players to free agency but how they do this year after year is simply amazing. Coles is owed a $5 million bonus on April 2nd. They have to be $50 million over next year and even more the year after that. Guys who sign with them are morons because they will never see most of the money they signed for as all of their contracts are heavily backloaded. All it does is drive up the price of other free agents and the Redskins will still suck year after year. If there is an owner to hate, it is Daniel Snyder.