Arizona back in the running

In all seriousness Malta do you really think that it would be worth it to give up a 5th rounder for Shelton?

261649[/snapback]

I do! I think that would be a literal steal. If I was GM, I would even give up a 2nd round pick in 06 if backed to the wall, but not a first rounder.

Remember, Arizona would be doing us a favor to rid us of this barey functional miscreant.

Honestly, as much as I hope for this trade, it is hard to believe that Arizona nor any other team would give anything up for this dimwit, let alone someone who can play LT in the NFL. :ph34r:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do! I think that would be a literal steal. If I was GM, I would even give up a 2nd round pick in 06 if backed to the wall, but not a first rounder.

Remember, Arizona would be doing us a favor to rid us of this barey functional miscreant.

Honestly, as much as I hope for this trade, it is hard to believe that Arizona nor any other team would give anything up for this dimwit, let alone someone who can play LT in the NFL.  :lol:

True. Look at all the teams beating down Arizona's door for Shelton. :ph34r:

True.  Look at all the teams beating down Arizona's door for Shelton. :ph34r:

261733[/snapback]

Thats the thing...the best offer they got is a 2nd DAY pick from the Bears...they really dont have much bargaining power either. Its basically a situation where the deal is likely to happen, its all a matter of who panics first. Do the Cards panic now that all of the FA RBs are off the market and the Bennett deal was shot down? Or do the Bills panic and give an extra pick in order to solidify their O-Line?

Thats the thing...the best offer they got is a 2nd DAY pick from the Bears...they really dont have much bargaining power either.  Its basically a situation where the deal is likely to happen, its all a matter of who panics first.  Do the Cards panic now that all of the FA RBs are off the market and the Bennett deal was shot down?  Or do the Bills panic and give an extra pick in order to solidify their O-Line?

I don't know if it's a matter of panicking as it is Henry's contract/demands.

What is it with Bills fans and Shelton?

I posted this on BB.com, but I think it bears repeating here...

Why is everyone so hell bent on this guy? He is a massive underachiever. He barely does enough to stay starter, he shows up late to team meetings, ships workouts... I mean seriously, don't we want a guy who is serious about his job protecting our investment?

I think we will see a move on the current line. A little tweeking and turning, a bit of training, and we may just fill the gaps we have with who we already have on the payroll...

So many guys I see here complaining about no big names are the first to laud the Patriots and old Billy B for what they do with no namers and cheap talent... yet you guys are screaming for new big name big dollar talent right f*$%ing NOW!!!! Do me a favor, and pick your side of the fence OK? Either stick with the Patties philosophy and go unknown players who show up, or climb over the fence to the land of Snyder, who spends huge dollars on big name high profile players and has nothing to show for it... Stop stradleing the fence... you might just catch your nuts on it

:devil:

Scr*w that ! I would GET a 6th rounder & Shelton for Henry. Else we just hang on to TH for a year. What is he going to do ? Pout and play bad so his value in the market tanks ?  He will be fired up albeit for selfish reasons (who cares as long as he produces right ?)

Contrary to popular opinion on this board, I think TD hold the upper hand in this negotiation.

261213[/snapback]

I agree with you. If we don't get value for Henry let's keep him.

What is it with Bills fans and Shelton?

I posted this on BB.com, but I think it bears repeating here...

:devil:

The Pats were a major exception. They were able to take no-names and make a great team because of great coaching. Now that coaching has been fractured and it will be IMHO almost impossible for them to duplicate the success they've had. The Bills have good coacehs, but not on the level of what the Pats had. So therefore they need better than "Patriots individual" talent. However I don't favor signing a bunch of high-priced guys, and I'd be fine with letting McNally being left to make the O-line decisions on his own and adding a decent #3 WR.

Guest BackInDaDay

A couple days ago, I replied to one of these 'how much do we give AZ for Shelton' topics.

I said then that Dennis Green was 'blowing smoke up reporters' butts', (especially ESPN's Clayton, who seems like a real tool) about the upcoming rookie crop of RBs. The Cards need more picks, and Green was playing the angle that TD might cave into a 'Henry plus a draft pick' demand to free up the money necessary to keep Pat Williams.

What he didn't get then, but it may be dawning on him now, is that TD and the Bills were comfortable with the prospect of life without PW.

Now that PW is out of the picture, Denny has to ask himself, are the Bill's in desperate need of Shelton, or does TD and his coaching staff believe they can address their LT need elsewhere?

After a couple of nights of sleeping on it, Green may realise that letting Shelton go for a battle-tested RB with many more miles in him, plus keeping his high 1st rounder to trade down with, is the best thing he can do for the team's future seasons.

The Pats were a major exception.  They were able to take no-names and make a great team because of great coaching.  Now that coaching has been fractured and it will be IMHO almost impossible for them to duplicate the success they've had.  The Bills have good coacehs, but not on the level of what the Pats had.  So therefore they need better than "Patriots individual" talent.  However I don't favor signing a bunch of high-priced guys, and I'd be fine with letting McNally being left to make the O-line decisions on his own and adding a decent #3 WR.

261788[/snapback]

I agree they are an exception, and I also agree they will suffer greatly next year. They lost great coaches and great talent. When you take away the guys that impliment the system, and drop the guys that know the system well, the system no longer exists.

BB did a great job surrounding himself with great coaches in NE. But does anyone remember his stint with Modell? His record with them was like sub .300 if I am not too badly mistaken. At best it was still sub .400

But my point is, it can be done... Just because you spend duckets on big name guys doesn't mean you are gonna go to the show. I used the Billy B and Danny Snyder examples stictly to demonstarte the very extreme examples of each aspect, and to solidify my idea as blatantly obvious as I could.

I think we have a great mix of above average talent, and above average coaching. Hopefully it makes us an above average team this year. MM really got the team going and believing in themselves mid season... Not too bad for a first year HC with a pitiful QB and O-Line... This makes me feel better about our coaching prospect this year. We all know we are doing pretty damn good with regaurds to talent, but like all teams we do have our weak points. Hopefully our coaching staff can use the talent to help fill, or at least obscure those gaps.

I sincerely believe TD has something up his sleeve. I also believe he looked at Shelton and saw the same things I mentioned. We don't need a band-aid, we need some stitches. Temporary fixes are OK mid-season, but you want a solid tackle (even if we develop from inside) for the long term... Shelton doesn't have the drive to be "the one"

Let's keep in mind that LJ Shelton couldn't even hold down a starting spot on the vaunted Offensive Line of the Arizona Cardinals.

If Green wants too much for Shelton it is not like the Bills can't use a value-RB like Travis Henry for next year.... move Teague to LT, Tucker to C, and pick up a guard somewhere.

JDG

Let's keep in mind that LJ Shelton couldn't even hold down a starting spot on the vaunted Offensive Line of the Arizona Cardinals.

If Green wants too much for Shelton it is not like the Bills can't use a value-RB like Travis Henry for next year.... move Teague to LT, Tucker to C, and pick up a guard somewhere.

JDG

261868[/snapback]

What makes ANYONE think that Teague can be a decent LT? Its like people are just mixing and matching our O-Line and figuring it will work. At least Shelton has played LT for awhile in the NFL...Teague had what? A few games around 5 years ago at it, and...from what I've been told...was a pretty bad NFL LT.

I want someone who knows what they are doing at LT, not a converted center.

on the vaunted Offensive Line of the Arizona Cardinals.

261868[/snapback]

Actually the Cards O-Line is considered to be pretty solid by most experts. Heck, Emmitt is 90 years old and he almost ran for 1000 yards behind them.

JDG

261868[/snapback]

My understanding is that Shelton lost his starting job without even getting the chance to compete, and fell into Green's doghouse from day one. When forced into line-up at RT he performed well.

FWIW, I'm sure the Jets were perfectly happy last year with another OL that was not worthy of a roster spot on Denny's team.

JDG

261868[/snapback]

Actually check your facts.

He did start this year at right tackle after coming back from his ankle injury and getting out of Greens doghouse a little. He started 9 games at right tackle until he was hurt and missed the last two games. In fact you was playing so well he was actually written up in several national news stories. This is the reason I even know you the hell he is. He was commended for doing a great job and it was during about a 5 games stretch were Arizona was playing good ball this year in spite of Green. Shelton was singled out for his outstanding blocking and just blowing defenders off the line.

Actually check your facts.

He did start this year at right tackle after coming back from his ankle injury and getting out of Greens doghouse a little.  He started 9 games at right tackle until he was hurt and missed the last two games.  In fact you was playing so well he was actually written up in several national news stories.  This is the reason I even know you the hell he is.  He was commended for doing a great job and it was during about a 5 games stretch were Arizona was playing good ball this year in spite of Green.  Shelton was singled out for his outstanding blocking and just blowing defenders off the line.

262079[/snapback]

Then TH and a 6th it is!

GIT R DONE