Cryptos

Foxx

10 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I thought about bitcoin since last week and have decided to stick with municipal bonds instead. Alot less volatile.

Do you municipal bonds?

no, I don't muni. they are probably the most stable bonds you can get though.

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You do.  Because you're a genius.

And yet you don't want people having guns.

How many bitcoins to buy a rainbow farting unicorn?

where did i say i didn't want people having guns? 

oh, no. I know quite a bit about them, hence one reason why i started this thread. i just know that there are many here who have no idea that the ICO is yesterdays IPO. I was wanting to raise awareness. since no one asked what they are yet.....

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Foxx said:

just me but i expect BTC, BCH, LTC, DASH, XRP, VERI, PPT, PPP, OMG, SNT, SALT, CAT, PLR and NEO to have a very good '18.

Looks like XRP and BCH are both going to be listed on Coinbase soon so that will be a big pop, I imagine.  After LTC blew up last week I was asking where the demand was coming from and walked into the break room to hear 10 junior pukes in my office talking about how they set up Coinbase accounts the night before and just loaded up on LTC because they could buy a whole coin.  I know that's not the whole story and LTC is being used for actual commerce but relatively cheap and listed on Coinbase = trading opportunity.

SALT and LEND both caught my eye but SALT is not listed on the exchanges I use. 

Many of these tokens/coins present compelling use cases but have competitors or low barriers to entry for new entrants.  I'm going to have to explore some of those in more depth. I've been focusing on the few plays which I think could be transformative platforms rather than more single-use coins, for lack of a better term.  I'm interested to hear your views on alts and what you're looking for with these little guys.

QSP is another one I started researching as it seems like more of a BlockChain/Smart Contract play than trying to pick a winner in the space.

39 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Looks like XRP and BCH are both going to be listed on Coinbase soon so that will be a big pop, I imagine.  After LTC blew up last week I was asking where the demand was coming from and walked into the break room to hear 10 junior pukes in my office talking about how they set up Coinbase accounts the night before and just loaded up on LTC because they could buy a whole coin.  I know that's not the whole story and LTC is being used for actual commerce but relatively cheap and listed on Coinbase = trading opportunity.

SALT and LEND both caught my eye but SALT is not listed on the exchanges I use. 

Many of these tokens/coins present compelling use cases but have competitors or low barriers to entry for new entrants.  I'm going to have to explore some of those in more depth. I've been focusing on the few plays which I think could be transformative platforms rather than more single-use coins, for lack of a better term.  I'm interested to hear your views on alts and what you're looking for with these little guys.

QSP is another one I started researching as it seems like more of a BlockChain/Smart Contract play than trying to pick a winner in the space.

well, when ETH hardforked, they let customers withdraw their ETC but didn't list it. come the first of the year, they are supposed to grant you your BCH. this does not mean they will list it, though they certainly could. just giving a bit of history. XRP is a bankster coin so I can see CB listing it very much so. it began it's current rise middle of last week when it was hovering around $.22. today it is hovering around $.75. better than a 240% jump.

I will cover a few for now...

SALT, is listed on EtherDelta, Huboi and Bittrex. they are going t be releasing their lending [latform any day now. it was promised before the end of the year. they will be lending fiat against your cryptos so no need to sell them if you want/need fiat. 

Debitum, is another lending platform that is currently having their ICO. where they differ from SALT is that they are more geared towards SMEs. 

PPT (Populous), is a invoice trading company built upon the Smart Contract platform of Ethereum. during it's ICO, tokens went for, roughly $.30 a piece. right not they are going for $47.91 a piece. that is an astronimical appreciation of 21,349% (6490% ETH (mind you, ETH has risen 250% in this time as well)) since June.

PPP (PayPie), is a credit risk assessment company. during their ICO, their tokens went for roughly the same $.30 per token. their ICO was held in September and their tokens are currently trading for $2.53 for an appreciation of 666.69% (245% ETH) 

CAT, is a do it yourself Smart Contract company built on the Smart Contract platform of Ethereum. need or want a Smart Contract of your own but don't know how to write the code so it is bullet proof?  maybe you don't have the funds to hire someone to write the code for you. CAT's (BlockCat) platform will do it for you.

PLR, i am not real hip on because of they way they conduct themselves and the fact that they didn't have anything that remotely resembled a working product when they had their ICO. however with that being said, i did go large for their ICO because of their offering (and info i have). they are building a wallet that, it is hoped, will be the end all be all for wallets. 

NEO, could quite possibly become the Chinese Ethereum.

VERI, what can i say, very simply, it is going to put an end to naked shorts. as anyone who knows anything about the markets will tell you naked shorts hurt a company and there is not really much they can do about it..... for now. 

• 1 month later...
On August 18, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Foxx said:

;)

was my post for you or those you threw off?

:bag:

Be careful!  DC Tom knows more about everything than anyone on the planet! 

Weird thing is, he's still living in his mother's basement.