I could be wrong, this sounds like a we want our guys

Cherrybone

Our receiving corps is worlds better. Maybe you don't remember last year. Seems like TT was pitching it to street free agents every week. We had that tall dude from the scrap heap that could only catch a 3 yard touchdown pass, Walt Powell, Woods who was a statue after an 8 yard out, Glass Goodwin. As a group, what a pile of junk. And we had to breathlessly read articles every week about Sammy's foot praying he could come in and salvage the mess. Yuk. Love this group in comparison.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they have a plan > Sounds like they want their own guys

I few things I believe:

- New management does not equal same old Bills. It's as clean a slate as we can get.

- Bean/McD believed they will not make playoffs this year with Watkins and Darby. IMO, a reasonable analysis.

- If NE did this, most would praise their genius.

- I believe the new guys have a plan and want to control their own destiny.

- Watkins is still a huge injury risk.

- Bills were not interested in an either resigning an injured Watkins or break the bank to keep him long term.

- I believe Bills think it's a waste spend big money on WR. Better to have four decent receivers, a great QB, a good line, decent backs and a system that plays to strengths. See: GB, NE, etc.

- While I like Darby and his contract, he's hardly an elite CB and often the target of fan ire last year.

- More important, if McD et al didn't think Darby fit, then by all means, move him now and get something good in return.

- I'm very encouraged that the new management don't feel pressure to make unwise short-term decisions that could mare long-term success.

- Ive yet to see a football expert find fault in the moves.

Outstanding post!!!

This team wasn't making the playoffs with or without Watkins this season. We are loaded with high end picks next year. This team is being built the right way for once.

Watkins is an elite talent but I agree with you. The new brain trust will make or break based on how they draft, especially next year. I liked this years draft so lets just say I'm optimistic.

Edited by starrymessenger

I really wish people would give the 'deep threat' stuff a long overdue rest! It's gotten the Bills absolutely NOWHERE over the past decade. It's to the point where I can't even remember the names of all the stellar 'deep threats' that have come and gone from OBD.

Run the ball and throw seven yard quick release passes. Move the chains. And then call a rub (pick) route at the goal line for a touchdown. Then repeat!

This is also the way you keep Brady off the field, just saying......No AFC east team is out slinging N.E, and he is going to be around a few years.

I like the moves personally. I think Sammy was a good "injured" WR for the BILLS. He never provided what was hyped, call it bad luck or whatever. Let the Rams deal with all the questions now....

This team wasn't making the playoffs with or without Watkins this season. We are loaded with high end picks next year. This team is being built the right way for once.

Agreed they weren't making playoffs, its still a show me time, but gotta like the effort. Again we shall see. This year though Bills should just make the games fun and discount tickets to certain games. Not gonna happen, but this is going to be a developmental season.