I'm going to say it again,

And this explains why we've been so quiet on any discussions with the free agent O-linemen.

TD is going to make a move with one of the good RT's on market - McDougle, Riley, or McKenzie - as soon as a team steps up and sets the RT supply/demand price for everyone else.

Then, for LG, TD will nab one of the underrated guys - Vincent is my best guess - who isn't asking for as much money as the Wahles and Riveras of the market.

As for C, I don't see a single one who would be any sort of upgrade over Tucker/Teague - other than Raiola, who I somehow think McNally and TD aren't very high on. MAYBE a trade is in the works with Henry and a C, but I doubt it. I think Tucker and/or Teague, when sandwiched between Villarial and a bigger and better LG, will be OK as the weak link of the line.

And of course, Marcus Price should come relatively cheap.

That's a fair guesstimation, based on now having a very mobile QB with actual pocket presence. I'm sure the Williams move is being considered but it doesn't bother me if he stays at RT, regardless of his salary.

Yet if the Bills go out and sign a big LG who is a road grader for the run, then the chances for the switch to LT would probably increase. As you state, the OT pool is strictly guys who are natural RT's.

I'm not worried about Center this year. Both Teague and Tucker can play there. Teague was much improved last season.

The OL improved the second Losman was made the QB.

You could be right.....

But this has all the looks to me of a move of Trey T. to Left tackle....a signing of a LG.....and either Tucker to Center or our 2nd round pick on a center....

I hear this is a good year to draft one......

The amount of cap hit we are taking for Mike Williams to play RT bothers me very much.....it is hindering the team....I still think the bills will restructure it for cap relief.......

I would rather us dump Teague's salary and move Williams to LT and restructure if he works out there. I'm not sure if I'd put Tucker at C or a draft pick because of how important the o-line will be to JP's success. I think we've got to go the free-agent route with both and draft depth or future starters if at all. With needs at TE and CB we can fill them through the draft while expecting them to produce from day one. Hard to expect that with 2nd round O-lineman.

That's a fair guesstimation, based on now having a very mobile QB with actual pocket presence. I'm sure the Williams move is being considered but it doesn't bother me if he stays at RT, regardless of his salary.

Yet if the Bills go out and sign a big LG who is a road grader for the run, then the chances for the switch to LT would probably increase. As you state, the OT pool is strictly guys who are natural RT's.

I'm not worried about Center this year. Both Teague and Tucker can play there. Teague was much improved last season.

260022[/snapback]

>>>>The OL improved the second Losman was made the QB.<<<<

Probably so, but it took a hit last night.

come on bill, mike pucillo is not the answer.  can we agree on that? 

JJ is a good LT, but maybe teague or MW is better?

260037[/snapback]

I think that Teague might be a good LT, but I am in the minority here. Even so, we need help up front, but I am nowhere near the panic mode......yet. <_<

i'm in the give it time category. TD and co. don't let PW and JJ walk after cutting their starting QB and restructuring the future hall of fame WR's contract. without a plan. Something is in the works. I'm not saying its going to be a blockbuster deal, but the missing pieces in the OL will be filled, or are already filled.

edit: we're having a good personnel discussion at 5am. something is wrong with this picture.

260022[/snapback]

Yes because all offensive lines improve when you have a 2nd year qb starting for the 1st time <_<

I know what your hinting at cause of losmans mobility the line is "improved"

It's a nice little deception though when you look at the amount of times mobile qb's are sacked per pass attempt.

Anyway forget about the pass protection stuff. If I'm not mistaken willis mcgahee led the league in runs for 0 and negative yards last year. That tells me the interior of our line gets no push on the run game and where is that weak spot. Imo The c-lg positions. Most of our big runs and sometimes the only time we get big runs is on the right side of the line. When a team gets smart and stacks that side our run game falters.

LG and C are positions we need improvement on. Especially in the running game. I think their pass protection up the middle will be fine especially with the ability of willis to pick up a blitz, but we need road graders who can move a pile and we can able to open up the run game a little bit more. Get bigger chunks of yardage and less negative plays.

Losing Jennings is an unfortunate thing but it just gives us another challenge.

Move Mike williams to LT, grab a kendrick vincent, move tucker to center(I believe he's overall better suited than teague and smarter at calling the correct line adjustments on the fly) maybe grab a stockar mcdougal or porkchop womack(as I believe they'd be cheaper than a kareem mckenzie) pick up jerome pathon the prototypical #3 wr, and freddie jones and we'd have the making of a pretty good offense.

Than we can go into The draft. Grab ourselves a Kevin Burnett or Barret rudd or both if we could so if we have to we than have ourselves two capable lb's to take the place of fletcher/posey if we lose them to free agency next year . Also a safety a donte nicholson to groom for a year under an aging lawyer milloy. More oline depth and a dt to add depth and or a eventual sucessor to sam adams

I would rather us dump Teague's salary and move Williams to LT and restructure if he works out there.  I'm not sure if I'd put Tucker at C or a draft pick because of how important the o-line will be to JP's success.  I think we've got to go the free-agent route with both and draft depth or future starters if at all.  With needs at TE and CB we can fill them through the draft while expecting them to produce from day one.  Hard to expect that with 2nd round O-lineman.

260034[/snapback]

good plan-

bring in a free agent C who is a downgrade to what we have and cut Teague who is insurance at LT.

sounds like something Drew concocted to get back at JP :doh:

Could be.  If TD is truly interested in value, then moving big Mike to LT might make sense given his $9M cap hit.  Can he handle the speed rushers coming off the corner tho?

260020[/snapback]

To me it doesn't matter is he stays at RT or moves to LT, TD needs to restructure the contract of MW and get rid of the ridiculous cap hit.

I think that Teague might be a good LT, but I am in the minority here. Even so, we need help up front, but I am nowhere near the panic mode......yet.  :doh:

260038[/snapback]

I certainly don't think Teague would be that good at LT. He wasn't that good at LT for the Broncos. Maybe the team might consider moving Big Mike over to LT and signing a free agent to play on the right side. That would probably be a cheaper move than to sign a LT and keep him on the right side. I would just be a little concerned that whatever continuity the right side of the line has built (and it appeared that by season's end, they were MUCH better on that side) could be wasted if Williams is moved.

And this explains why we've been so quiet on any discussions with the free agent O-linemen.

TD is going to make a move with one of the good RT's on market - McDougle, Riley, or McKenzie - as soon as a team steps up and sets the RT supply/demand price for everyone else.

Then, for LG, TD will nab one of the underrated guys - Vincent is my best guess - who isn't asking for as much money as the Wahles and Riveras of the market.

As for C, I don't see a single one who would be any sort of upgrade over Tucker/Teague - other than Raiola, who I somehow think McNally and TD aren't very high on. MAYBE a trade is in the works with Henry and a C, but I doubt it. I think Tucker and/or Teague, when sandwiched between Villarial and a bigger and better LG, will be OK as the weak link of the line.

260019[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. Mike needs to start earning his bling bling contract. We're going to get a G and a RT in FA that will upgrad this line. I still have hope.

260019[/snapback]

I just found this comment, Can this be true? Damn would this be nice to have on our team. How many times have holding pnealties killed us?

Kareem McKenzie, who has been called for only two holding penalties during his career. McKenzie was at Giants Stadium Thursday for meetings and a physical but wants to look around before signing.

I just found this comment, Can this be true? Damn would this be nice to have on our team. How many times have holding pnealties killed us?

Kareem McKenzie, who has been called for only two holding penalties during his career. McKenzie was at Giants Stadium Thursday for meetings and a physical but wants to look around before signing.

262130[/snapback]

He has played for 5 years, 4 playing all 16 games as a starter, is 6' 6" and 327 and has had 2 holding penalties in that WHOLE damn time? are you frikkin kidding me? This guy just skyrocketed to the top of my wish list.

Ruben used to AVERAGE 2 per game!

# 67 Kareem McKenzie

Position: T

Height: 6-6

Weight: 327

Born: 05/24/1979

College: Penn State

NFL Experience: 4

2001 New York Jets 8 0

2002 New York Jets 16 16

2003 New York Jets 16 16

2004 New York Jets 16 16

Id give you the SCouts Inc report on him, but as far as ESPN is concerned Kareem McKenzie does not exist. Ill keep looking.

out of all the RTs available in free agency, Kareem McKenzie is the most ready to move to LT... in fact, Herm Edwards has on occasions thought about switching Fabini and McKenzie on the line.

262166[/snapback]

I didnt hear the talk about him at LT before. Im liking hiom more and more all the time.

260019[/snapback]

:devil:

You may be right, however I think this is a real gamble with MW looking

extremely shaky at the beginning of the season, and unproven at LT

at that. With a rookie QB? This could end up being a huge problem for

our "nearing the end of his rope after the 2005 season" GM.

I certainly don't think Teague would be that good at LT.  He wasn't that good at LT for the Broncos.  Maybe the team might consider moving Big Mike over to LT and signing a free agent to play on the right side.  That would probably be a cheaper move than to sign a LT and keep him on the right side.  I would just be a little concerned that whatever continuity the right side of the line has built (and it appeared that by season's end, they were MUCH better on that side) could be wasted if Williams is moved.

260184[/snapback]

maybe he wasn't good in Denver because he refused to use their inafamous cut blocking techniques.