What was the point of releasing Bledsoe and..

Rudyc80

Since it appears we wont resign either of our main FA'sthen what the hell was the point of restructing Moulds and being 8 million under the cap? You cant tell me we are gonna give Clements an extension since TD wil low ball him and lose him as well.

My point is i dont understand why we even bothered to get 8 milllion under teh cap and then sit and watch other teams get better...

Since it appears we wont resign either of our main FA'sthen what the hell was the point of restructing Moulds and being 8 million under the cap? You cant tell me we are gonna give Clements an extension since TD wil low ball him and lose him as well.

My point is i dont understand why we even bothered to get 8 milllion under teh cap and then sit and watch other teams get better...

259365[/snapback]

Agreed, but it aint over till the fat lady sings. This is day one, and even that aint over yet.

Because TD has determined that Williams & Jennings have priced themselves off the team.

Pat Williams has a lot of miles on him & is overweight. He going to be 33 in October & is just not a good investment.

Jennings is a little tougher to take because unlike Williams, he should be around in 5 years when a new contract might expire. However, Jennings has missed too many games to be given top $.

I see nothing wrong with TD demanding value from players he signs for big $. Both Williams & Jennings are flawed players due to Williams' age and projected longevity, which isn't close to the # of years on the contract he'll sign and Jennings' lack of durability.

Just because the cap room is there doesn't mean it's for a current Bill.

259365[/snapback]

Perhaps that is exactly WHY we may not sign them.....

Nate Clements on a talent scale is better then both.....we need our dollars to make sure he can be signed.......

Perhaps we will have to rely on youth to fill Pats role this year.....Jennings has completely priced himself out of our range but luckily we have a center who has played LT in the NFL before in Teague.....

Maybe you should wait more than a day before declaring things like that.  Jennings and Williams haven't even signed with anybody.  They could still be back.  Be patient.

259371[/snapback]

doesn't TD have to offer them a contract first? he hasn't even bothered to do that.........

doesn't TD have to offer them a contract first? he hasn't even bothered to do that.........

259383[/snapback]

Both players were offered contracts before the season began, they chose not to accept them and want to see what they'll get offered as FAs. JJ will probably get a lot more than we were willing to offer, Pat more but maybe close enough that he returns.

Because TD has determined that Williams & Jennings have priced themselves off the team.

Pat Williams has a lot of miles on him & is overweight.  He going to be 33 in October & is just not a good investment.

Jennings is a little tougher to take because unlike Williams, he should be around in 5 years when a new contract might expire.  However, Jennings has missed too many games to be given top $.

I see nothing wrong with TD demanding value from players he signs for big $.  Both Williams & Jennings are flawed players due to Williams' age and projected longevity, which isn't close to the # of years on the contract he'll sign and Jennings' lack of durability. 

Just because the cap room is there doesn't mean it's for a current Bill.

259379[/snapback]

I agree wholeheartedly.

Also of note, by clearing room in the cap right now he may be leaving some room for next year as well. Take a look at some guys coming up on free agency next year. We have 5 defensive starters due up to start things off... plus a bit of weakening on the other side of the ball too. No doubt TD is working on things and looking into the future... something most people so brazenly impatient with his ways are obviously not doing... and why he has the title GM and they do not :ph34r:

259365[/snapback]

Point of releasing Bledsoe- He didnt want to be a backup to anyone, ever (his words). We picked Losman as our starter, you do the math.

Point of restructuring Moulds- He isnt remotely worth 8.5 mill next year at his age and with Evans on this squad. This move added cap cash.

Point is, we may LIKE to think these moves were meant to get cash to add a huge stud. They may not be that at all. They may be moves that made big business sense and thats it. We could end up signing cheap guys and have all this cash to start the season. Do I think we should do that, HELL NO!!!!! Especially when our most important o-line position is empty and we are starting a young QB. It could happen. Do I think we go that route, not in a million years. I think TD will spend cahs on upgrades. He isnt stupid, and you dont call out your O and then downgrade at each position. Thats shooting yourself in the foot.

Bills aren't going to overpay any piece of garbage just so they can say they signed someone. There isn't a whole lot out there to sign. Have to look for quality AND value at the same time. Bills need OL help more than anything and also need a TE, backups at RB, WR and a K. No reason to throw a pile of money at a name on the first day and blow your salary cap just to quiet down a few loudmouth fans.

259365[/snapback]

Damn do you work? Do you take bathroom breaks?? Or do ya just sit on metal trash can carved with 3" hole in the center to relieve yourself as needed? <_<

<_<

Kidding.

Ya, really I was.

Damn do you work?  Do you take bathroom breaks??  Or do ya just sit on metal trash can carved with 3" hole in the center to relieve yourself as needed?    <_<

<_<

Kidding. 

Ya, really I was.

259551[/snapback]

Maybe kidding, but its uncalled for and really not that funny.

Stick to stand up, and leave the football talk for the football fans on a football board.