Derrick Mason

Good move for them.  Now all they need is a QB who can get the ball to him. :ph34r:

259131[/snapback]

Great minds I guess. Hey just think they have a kicker also.

I see Baltimore really contending if Lewis stays healthy.

i say good for him. i still think they will take a WR with their 1st pick. cus you have to have 2 good WR in the NFL.

259147[/snapback]

Their 3rd rounder last year, WR Devard Darling, went down for the year in game #3. A 7th rounder WR Derek Abney (scouts thought he was one of the very best return men in the draft - and was a good college WR with Kentucky) missed his entire rookie season.

So they've got some things things find out.

Wow Mason signed cheap. 

5 years 20 million, 7 million bonus. 

Reported that he turned down a lot more from NE, because they wanted to retire in the Baltimore region eventually.

259606[/snapback]

5.4 mil a year isnt that cheap. close to moulds' numbers. i guess mason was the top wide out in FA, but its still alot of money. at 5.4 he would be about 3rd highest on our teams cap. balt could be realllll good if billick can get the thier qb to step up.

5.4 mil a year isnt that cheap.  close to moulds' numbers. i guess mason was the top wide out in FA, but its still alot of money. at 5.4 he would be about 3rd highest on our teams cap.  balt could be realllll good if billick can get the thier qb to step up.

259613[/snapback]

20 divided by 5 is 4 million dollars.

Is this new math that you are doing?

20 divided by 5 is 4 million dollars. 

Is this new math that you are doing?

259616[/snapback]

Actually you're both wrong. 20 divided by 5 is indeed $4 mill but you forgot the signing bonus, so $7 mill divided by 4 is $1.75 mill which when added to $4 mill comes to $5.75 mill.

Actually you're both wrong.  20 divided by 5 is indeed $4 mill but you forgot the signing bonus, so $7 mill divided by 4 is $1.75 mill which when added to $4 mill comes to $5.75 mill.

$20 million is the total value of the contract. In this case:

5 years, $13 million in salary, $7 million in bonus = $20 million contract