Price

Haven't heard Price's name come up much as an option should Jennings leave. Wondering if the Bills staff considers him a viable LT option. He has a lot of experience there - and from what I can remember he's been solid when he's played.

Played, but did not start, vs. Jax. (9/12/04), at Oak. (9/19)…played most of the second half at left tackle vs. NE (10/3) in relief duty for an injured Jonas Jennings…was active but played mostly on special teams at NYJ (10/10)…started at left tackle in place of Jonas Jennings vs. Mia. (10/17) and helped pave the way for RB Willis McGahee's 111-yard rushing performance on 26 carries…also played a pivotal role in holding Dolphins All-Pro DE Jason Taylor to zero defensive statistics…started for the second straight game in place of Jonas Jennings at Bal. (10/24)…played but did not start vs. AZ (10/31)…played in unbalanced line formations and entered the game in the third quarter at right tackle when Mike Williams suffered a neck injury vs. NYJ (11/7)…active but did not play at NE (11/14)…played in a reserve role vs. St.L (11/21)…spelled LT Jonas Jennings for a brief period when Jennings left the game with an injured shoulder at Sea. (11/28)…saw significant time at both left and right tackle at Mia. (12/5) as LT Jonas Jennings and RT Mike Williams both left the game at times with injuries…played a large role in holding Dolphins DE Jason Taylor without a sack for the second straight game…started at right tackle in place of Mike Williams vs. Cle. (12/12), and the offense showed little drop-off as Willis McGahee rushed for 105 yards on 27 carries with two touchdowns…played in a reserve role at Cin. (12/19), at SF (12/26), vs. Pit. (1/2/05).

Price

I think the Bills probably view him as a good back up and spot starter, especially since he can man either T position. But as a long term, full season solution at LT, they may not consider it.

Not to say that I dont think he's capable of doing it, but its probably similar to the situation R Tucker was in last year that they really didnt give him an opportunity to compete for the LG spot (it was a two horse race between Smith an Pucillo), instaed prefering he concentrate on being the backup Center.

Why can't we re-sign Marcus Price. When he filled in for Jonas or Big Mike he did a good job. He has been here 3 years so he knows Trey and now Villarial.

I think he could start at LT :(

Why can't we re-sign Marcus Price. When he filled in for Jonas or Big Mike he did a good job. He has been here 3 years so he knows Trey and now Villarial.

I think he could start at LT  :(

260661[/snapback]

Either that or he could start at LG, move Teague to LT and plug in tucker at C.