Tom Donahoe...

was the last GM the Bills actually fired. That was in 2006. Marv stepped down, Russ Brandon was the de-facto GM for a year or so, and then Buddy Nix stepped down. Only 2 GM firings in the past 15 years. I'm so happy they finally fired Whaley. He's just not fit to be an NFL GM. And now Jim Overdorf's job may be in jeopardy. This is a great day for the Bills....I'm actually excited about this team's future!

If only there were another thread about our GM. What has happened to our board it's been chaotic the past month or so? Pin a thread and let these BBMB people know how our board works

I think it's the sheer volume of posters now is all.

Freddie is a good poster.

was the last GM the Bills actually fired. That was in 2006. Marv stepped down, Russ Brandon was the de-facto GM for a year or so, and then Buddy Nix stepped down. Only 2 GM firings in the past 15 years. I'm so happy they finally fired Whaley. He's just not fit to be an NFL GM. And now Jim Overdorf's job may be in jeopardy. This is a great day for the Bills....I'm actually excited about this team's future!

I agree, great day for the Bills, BUT, having been a fan since the beginning, remain cautiously optimistic.

The Bills have always had a problem attracting great talent because of our location.

that was great when they hosted the Broncos on a December Saturday under TD

security was almost strip searching trying to prevent paper bags entering the stadium

at one point the ESPN hack said he had talked to TD and "everything was perfect and on the right train tracks for immediate success."

at that point they pointed the camera to a section of 100 people with bags on their head (bless every one of you!!!) and a graphic showing it was 6 years without the playoffs at this point...

good times...

I think it's the sheer volume of posters now is all.

Freddie is a good poster.

If only there were another thread about our GM. What has happened to our board it's been chaotic the past month or so? Pin a thread and let these BBMB people know how our board works

My apologies guys. Forgot about that pinned thread for a second. I just thought this was a unique fact that not many people have brought up. Really gives you an indication about how our organization has been operating for the last 17 years.

I agree, great day for the Bills, BUT, having been a fan since the beginning, remain cautiously optimistic.

The Bills have always had a problem attracting great talent because of our location.

I think we've had trouble attracting talent because this franchise has a losing reputation. Ralph was also a very thrifty owner who didn't want to pay for the best talent. Green Bay has done just fine, and trust me when I say Green Bay is a far worse place to live than Buffalo. The Pegulas are willing to spend money. That should no longer hold us back. Now we just need to build a reputation that tells people this is a good franchise to work for.

dont click

Why in the world would anyone be excited about the hiring of Terry and Kim Pegula's? So far they appear to have litte idea what they are doing.

Edited by KRT88

Wasn't bashing him, sorry freddy if it came off that way. Im just frustrated with how the board is going downhill

If you are around enough to comment on how it is going downhill, volunteer to help moderate. Moderating is time consuming, and folks, over time have other priorities. The fact that SDS has been running this board for 20 years is just astounding. However, its success is based off the community those who pitch in.

Now, for the reason I clicked on this thread: If we were to bring back a former Bills employee to right the ship, I would pick Dennis Abraham. He left with John Butler for San Diego, and is still with them. He's been their director of pro scouting for quite a while, now. He's also a Akron High School graduate.