Shady on ESPN

QB Bills

I'm not sure exactly when the quotes were made but I 100% remember him making the statement about being the Michael Jordan of the offense. I don't really recall him making the statement about being the Quarterback but i'm not saying you are wrong about it. That was many moons ago my friend

OKay, had to go look...here is what i found.

It was after Kelly called out Ballard, but Thurmal was asked a few weeks later"where do the Bills need to upgrade" and he said "Quarterback" as was still pissed by Jimbo going public with his criticism of Ballard.

Thomas called himself the Jordan of the team before the Skins Super Bowl...and promptly could not find his helmet.

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OKay, had to go look...here is what i found.

It was after Kelly called out Ballard, but Thurmal was asked a few weeks later"where do the Bills need to upgrade" and he said "Quarterback" as was still pissed by Jimbo going public with his criticism of Ballard.

Thomas called himself the Jordan of the team before the Skins Super Bowl...and promptly could not find his helmet.

Oh yeah I definitely remember that I didn't realize that's what you were referring to, that was at the peak of the Bickering Bills stuff. In fact they even showed that in the 30 for 30 about the Bills

Thurman was very cocky in his playing years no doubt about it and I would assume the younger Bills fans don't realize it because all they know is the fan friendly Thurman Thomas on Twitter these days but the helmet thing wasn't his fault and I always felt bad that it got the kind of attention that it did and how its one of those things that unfortunately always stuck with him.