Australia to Raise Bar for Citizenship

New 'Australian values' test planned for citizenship

Australia plans to raise the bar for handing out citizenships by lengthening the waiting period, adding a new "Australian values" test and raising the standard for English language as part of a shake up of its immigration program.

The move comes in a week when Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced axing a temporary work visa popular with foreigners and replacing it with a tougher program in a bid to put "Australia First".

<snip>

The current citizenship multiple-choice questionnaire tests a person's knowledge of Australian laws, national symbols and colors of the Aboriginal flag. But Turnbull said it was not adequate to judge whether a person would accept "Australian values."

<snip>

The new citizenship test will include questions about whether applicants have sent their kids to school, whether they go to work - if they are of working age - and whether becoming part of unruly gangs in cities were Australian values

I think it's safe to say that most of you are aware of my belief that a form meritocracy is the best path for a country to award citizenship, including doing away with birthright citizenship completely.

I think this will be an interesting experiment, and look forward to a western government moving in this direction.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Does make me happy when I am down south to see how many immigrants are moving in. A nice cultural shift away from the heritage of traitors towards are more inclusive and diverse culture.

I think I've figured out why you are so into illegal immigration. Since you can't put a sentence together without &#33;@#&#036;ing it up, you're most likely illegal yourself.

I think I've figured out why you are so into illegal immigration. Since you can't put a sentence together without !@#$ing it up, you're most likely illegal yourself.

Hey, we on this board do not look kindly on clowns like you distracting from the discussion with idiotic personal theories. Stick to the topic

[For those of you with gatorman on ignore, ridiculous verbiage removed courtesy of DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.9. You're welcome.]

[This is an automated response.]

Nobody gives a ****...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.9.

Although it's almost the size of the continental US, Oz has incredibly strict immigration policies.

Refugees are kept in camps away from the population with a chance to be sponsored or sent back.

It also has opened up a little bit for emergencies after screening.

New 'Australian values' test planned for citizenship

I think it's safe to say that most of you are aware of my belief that a form meritocracy is the best path for a country to award citizenship, including doing away with birthright citizenship completely.

I think this will be an interesting experiment, and look forward to a western government moving in this direction.

Heck - Why not?!?!?....of course the small wrinkle is......which country do you think is going to accept the deported natural born citizens?

How big is that room your in? Is being the smartest in it like being the tallest midget?

Heck - Why not?!?!?....of course the small wrinkle is......which country do you think is going to accept the deported natural born citizens?

How big is that room your in? Is being the smartest in it like being the tallest midget?

You're an idiot.

LOL...

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read, and for the record this is very honestly the first time I've read something posted here that was so ignorant that I actually burst out laughing. Seriously.

Who said anything about deportations? You don't even know what a meritocracy is, do you?

In the future I advise knowing at least the first thing about what you're trying to discuss before opining, especially if your first inclination is to flame.

LOL...

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read, and for the record this is very honestly the first time I've read something posted here that was so ignorant that I actually burst out laughing. Seriously.

Who said anything about deportations? You don't even know what a meritocracy is, do you?

In the future I advise knowing at least the first thing about what you're trying to discuss before opining, especially if your first inclination is to flame.

First of all...read ur sentence...it has basic structure and wording problems that makes it non sensical.....next what does the meritocracy form of society/government have to do with birthright citizenship?

Lastly...if birthright citizens are not citizens....what are they?

Make me proud....dazzle us with your smartness....

First of all...read ur sentence...it has basic structure and wording problems that makes it non sensical.....next what does the meritocracy form of society/government have to do with birthright citizenship?

1icr79.jpg

I am, quite literally, laughing my ass off.

You have absolutely no clue how much of an ignorant ass you're making yourself out to be, and you're actually basking in it which makes it all the funnier.

Do yourself a huge favor and go freaking educate yourself about the subject matter.

You're an absolute laughing stock right now.