well, it's official

nodnarb

Damn...

Well, clearly TD and MM and TM have a plan in place. But what the hell is it? I hate that we lost a stud who they found in the 3rd round. He should have had a 5 year deal. I for one think we might regret this one. It also shows our hand as far as draft strategy goes. Who will be there at 55? Khalif Barnes? Doubtful. Adam Terry? Maybe. But rookie LTs are never as good as you need them to be. NEVER.

Not Pace. Not Ogden. Certainly not Robert Gallery.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/060/sports...o_become:.shtml

Damn...

Well, clearly TD and MM and TM have a plan in place. But what the hell is it? I hate that we lost a stud who they found in the 3rd round. He should have had a 5 year deal. I for one think we might regret this one. It also shows our hand as far as draft strategy goes. Who will be there at 55? Khalif Barnes? Doubtful. Adam Terry? Maybe. But rookie LTs are never as good as you need them to be. NEVER.

I wonder WTF they're doing.

257905[/snapback]

Were you one of the people complaining when we overpaid for John Fina ten years ago?

The B'gals 2002 pick, Levi Jones, started and did well.

257917[/snapback]

I remember when the Benagls drafted Levi. Mel Kiper said that's why they are the Bengals, drafting players like him. Levi turned out to be the better LT in the NFL.

JJ made the comments last year he wanted to play for the Falcons. I really think if JJ wanted to stay in Buffalo Tom Donahoe would have tried to keep him here.

See ya Jonas

257915[/snapback]

Ding ding, yes Chuck we have a winner!!!!!

Jonas was looking to sign elsewhere. That's why TD did not make a big push to sign him. Now, the Pat Williams situation puzzles me a bit, you would think that TD would at least discuss a deal with him.

Now, the Pat Williams situation puzzles me a bit, you would think that TD would at least discuss a deal with him.

257956[/snapback]

Could be nothing more than agent-speak. Agents are like commodity traders - their knees hop and vibrate continually, they constantly tap out Morse Code on the nearest available surface, their eyes dart left and right, and if no one says something to them for 5 minutes, they think the world is coming to an end or the world is out to get them somehow. :D

Ding ding, yes Chuck we have a winner!!!!!

Jonas was looking to sign elsewhere.  That's why TD did not make a big push to sign him.  Now, the Pat Williams situation puzzles me a bit, you would think that TD would at least discuss a deal with him.

257956[/snapback]

Ron Edwards :D

Damn...

257905[/snapback]

Third round picks don't sign five year deals. That's the trade of with having to play out contracts that pay them significantly less than 1st rounders. You'd have to give Jennings first-round money to have him sign for five years as a rookie.

JDG

Damn...

257905[/snapback]

I'm not a Jonas Basher by any stretch, but I'll never believe JJ is worth the money he's about to get paid...Now, he may prove me wrong...but I think it's more likely he will be another Cap casualty for some Team 3 years from now...There's just no way in hell I would condone paying Jonas anything more than $4 milllion per year, and I expect he'll get MUCH more than that on the open Market...I would rather deal with these tough decisions than overpay like the Bills did in the past with guys like John Fina, only to pay dearly for it in the long run...A GM's job is to build as solid a Roster as possible under the Cap from 1-53...You only pay premium Dollars for difference makers like TKO...Jennings is good, but he's no where near a difference maker...

It's tough to see a 3rd Round Pick who blossomed into a decent LT leave after 4 years, but I think it would be tougher dealing with a Cap figure approaching $10 million per year 3 years from now...We'll just have to see if Jonas proves TD (and me for that matter) wrong... :D

I'm not a Jonas Basher by any stretch, but I'll never believe JJ is worth the money he's about to get paid...Now, he may prove me wrong...but I think it's more likely he will be another Cap casualty for some Team 3 years from now...There's just no way in hell I would condone paying Jonas anything more than $4 milllion per year, and I expect he'll get MUCH more than that on the open Market...I would rather deal with these tough decisions than overpay like the Bills did in the past with guys like John Fina, only to pay dearly for it in the long run...A GM's job is to build as solid a Roster as possible under the Cap from 1-53...You only pay premium Dollars for difference makers like TKO...Jennings is good, but he's no where near a difference maker...

It's tough to see a 3rd Round Pick who blossomed into a decent LT leave after 4 years, but I think it would be tougher dealing with a Cap figure approaching $10 million per year 3 years from now...We'll just have to see if Jonas proves TD (and me for that matter) wrong... :D

257992[/snapback]

I'll annoint the organization which signs Jonas to a contract anywhere near what he's seeking as, hands down, the dumbest in the NFL

Damn...

257905[/snapback]

In with the new and out with the old. You never know what you're going to get. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for Mike Williams.