Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

cautiously optimistic. willing to give him a chance before proclaiming failure. makes watching the game more interesting. if I knew or proclaimed failure whether a player or coach, looking for failure, I wouldn't even waste my time watching the game...

exactly, What is the point of watching if the outcome has been foretold.

and there were seasons is was blatant Bills had nothing. I remained a fan but stopped watching. This year I am fairly intrigued as what twists and turns are awaiting us !

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I agree they could but....

So many years of Whaley make me feel like Tyrod is who they will build around and maybe a very late rounder to sit around with CJ. I just don't see a top pick this year or next all I see is Chan/Fitz all over again with this staff. I will watch the draft with high hopes but sadly I have serous doubts. Got my fingers crossed but expected the same old Whaley. I'm at the point of counting the days of Whaley being fired I'm so sick of his QB purgatory in this QB driven league with so many failed playoff seasons using other teams backups with these staffs over and over again. Can't believe I still have my season tickets should just dump them till 2019 when Whaley is fired. I like your comment and I will hope you are right OTHERWISE it will be a long 2 years.

Except Whaley doesn't like TT, which tells me we should keep him.

cautiously optimistic. willing to give him a chance before proclaiming failure. makes watching the game more interesting. if I knew or proclaimed failure whether a player or coach, looking for failure, I wouldn't even waste my time watching the game...

I watched every Dick Jauron game. So I'm here for McDermott. Doesn't mean I have to like it!

Actually, there is plenty of tape on Tyrod and the Bills have never shown much urgency at the QB position. It's always an afterthought. Tyrod's contract goes to 18 million next year. If they cut him that's 6 million of dead cap.

And that assumes they have drafted and developed a QB. I'll believe it when I see it.

McDermott has never been a head coach or general manager. As a defensive coordinator he ran a bland 4-3 zone scheme. I see nothing to get excited over and there are now red flags that he is too conservative. The Tyrod signing screams fear to me and someone not comfortable in his role here.

Actually if they wait its a little over three or just about what Whaley would pay Percy to unretire for one game.

Still on a bridge with no exit same old Bills. QB driven league and wishing for a mircle season from some other teams backup QB.

I wish you made an effort to bring anything new into what you say. I don't care that we disagree, it's how gratuitously repetitious you are that's irritating... and while there could be a satirical approach to your posts, I doubt that's the case.

My favorite theory is that Greg Roman and Anthony Lynn were working to hide Tyrod's incredible passing.

I've never heard anyone say this... are you making things up again?

....still struggling with processing the field after 6 years does not leave me with a confident outlook that his gray matter is "re-trainable".....how do you stop his propensity to depend on his wheels as the STEADY escape route?.....should be an ADDED dimension and not THE dimension........what happens when he gets KO'ed?....."run and done"?.....may have to add on to 17 years and waiting.....stay tuned............

To paraphrase:

"Tyrod is too dumb to improve"

Except Whaley doesn't like TT, which tells me we should keep him.

I agree that Whaley should be replaced if this team can't right the wagon but I want him taking shots at QB to try and fix the problem this team has had since he was hired. By avoiding fixing it makes him fired that much quicker. I want him fighting for his job, sitting on Tyrod is just waiting on the end. The only problem I have with Whaley is him giving all his staffs backup talent at QB over and over again. No staff will be successful with not good enough in the drivers seat.

I agree that Whaley should be replaced if this team can't right the wagon but I want him taking shots at QB to try and fix the problem this team has had since he was hired. By avoiding fixing it makes him fired that much quicker. I want him fighting for his job, sitting on Tyrod is just waiting on the end. The only problem I have with Whaley is him giving all his staffs backup talent at QB over and over again. No staff will be successful with not good enough in the drivers seat.

Is Whaley even driving the bus anymore? The TT reunion screams McDermott. The contract they gave TT was also so Billsy. 8.5 million dead cap if they move on next year!

Is Whaley even driving the bus anymore? The TT reunion screams McDermott. The contract they gave TT was also so Billsy. 8.5 million dead cap if they move on next year!

If a first year HC is driving this team roster this team could be in even bigger trouble by the end of year 2 then what Whaley has ever done.

Whaley needs to be more of a GM and take control, if the GM has no power this teams structure is in bigger trouble than I thought it was in.

Edited by xRUSHx

If a first year HC is driving this team roster this team could be in even bigger trouble by the end of year 2 then what Whaley has ever done.

Whaley needs to be more of a GM and take control, if the GM has no power this teams structure is in bigger trouble than I thought it was in.

Oh, I agree. Terry Pegula couldn't speak up for his GM or say he had final say. There will be "One Voice" and no accountability for the draft picks. Coaches want players that can help them NOW. There is a reason few teams have their coach as the final say.

Oh, I agree. Terry Pegula couldn't speak up for his GM or say he had final say. There will be "One Voice" and no accountability for the draft picks. Coaches want players that can help them NOW. There is a reason few teams have their coach as the final say.

Right on man

I wish you made an effort to bring anything new into what you say. I don't care that we disagree, it's how gratuitously repetitious you are that's irritating... and while there could be a satirical approach to your posts, I doubt that's the case.

I've never heard anyone say this... are you making things up again?

To paraphrase:

"Tyrod is too dumb to improve"

New into what I say in a thread that is all about Tyrod in a Tyrod thread that you by yourself have dominated in. You have talked this subject to death on BBMB and have done the same again here in this very thread. I have not posted much in this thread but when I have I have to regurgitate the same old garbage because the same old garbage is being pushed by the same poster. Understand your opinion doesnt trump others its just a opinion, this thread should have been dead after the first page, what it shows is fans are on both sides of the fence even though you keep trying to convert fans to your side pushing fans to get back on that bridge.SMH, just a FYI many are jumping off that bridge faster then you can try to tie them to it. Edited by xRUSHx

Actually, there is plenty of tape on Tyrod and the Bills have never shown much urgency at the QB position. It's always an afterthought. Tyrod's contract goes to 18 million next year. If they cut him that's 6 million of dead cap.

And that assumes they have drafted and developed a QB. I'll believe it when I see it.

McDermott has never been a head coach or general manager. As a defensive coordinator he ran a bland 4-3 zone scheme. I see nothing to get excited over and there are now red flags that he is too conservative. The Tyrod signing screams fear to me and someone not comfortable in his role here.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about WRT Taylor's salary. Your numbers don't quite add up with his contract. Tyrod's salary this year is effectively $15M with his new $7.6M bonus and this year's guaranteed salary. Next year salary goes to $16M, which is good 'mediocre QB' money - slots him in just behind Andy Dalton and Alex Smith. If the Bills cut him for 2017, they take an $8.6M cap hit, less if they designate him post-June-1, which is basically his signing bonus that had been amortized 2019-2021. It seems like a fair contract for both sides.

I'm not sure why it screams "fear" to you. With QB, you have to look at what the options are. What this says to me is after due diligence, the Bills did not see a tradeable or FA QB they liked better, or a 2017 draft prospect they wanted to "bet the season" on. The Taylor contract gives them the option to draft another development guy this year, or wait until 2018 to draft. They did not back themselves into the corner as they did with EJ when they released "too expensive, not good enough" Fitz and basically were like "we're drafting a QB in the 1st whether or not there's a decent QB to be had this year". In other words, renegotiating Taylor's contract made sense for both sides.

If you see it differently, please stop listening to the screaming long enough to explain which FA or trade QB you feel the Bills could have plausibly acquired, and which draft prospect would have been better.

You seem to feel organizations do a lot of screaming. Why would it "scream" at all, much less McDermott? I would think it's more likely to scream "Dennison", since Dennison was the QB coach of the Ravens in 2014 and should know Taylor well.

I'm also not sure what "driving the bus" means. People seem to assume there is one "right" model of football organization which has the GM running the show/hiring the coach who reports to him/making the decisions.

But in reality different successful football teams have different organizational structures.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about WRT Taylor's salary. Your numbers don't quite add up with his contract. Tyrod's salary this year is effectively $15M with his new $7.6M bonus and this year's guaranteed salary. Next year salary goes to $16M, which is good 'mediocre QB' money - slots him in just behind Andy Dalton and Alex Smith. If the Bills cut him for 2017, they take an $8.6M cap hit, less if they designate him post-June-1, which is basically his signing bonus that had been amortized 2019-2021. It seems like a fair contract for both sides.

I'm not sure why it screams "fear" to you. With QB, you have to look at what the options are. What this says to me is after due diligence, the Bills did not see a tradeable or FA QB they liked better, or a 2017 draft prospect they wanted to "bet the season" on. The Taylor contract gives them the option to draft another development guy this year, or wait until 2018 to draft. They did not back themselves into the corner as they did with EJ when they released "too expensive, not good enough" Fitz and basically were like "we're drafting a QB in the 1st whether or not there's a decent QB to be had this year". In other words, renegotiating Taylor's contract made sense for both sides.

If you see it differently, please stop listening to the screaming long enough to explain which FA or trade QB you feel the Bills could have plausibly acquired, and which draft prospect would have been better.

You seem to feel organizations do a lot of screaming. Why would it "scream" at all, much less McDermott? I would think it's more likely to scream "Dennison", since Dennison was the QB coach of the Ravens in 2014 and should know Taylor well.

I'm also not sure what "driving the bus" means. People seem to assume there is one "right" model of football organization which has the GM running the show/hiring the coach who reports to him/making the decisions.

But in reality different successful football teams have different organizational structures.

Paying a bridge QB 30 million with 8.5 dead cap money to release him is a bad contract. Tyrod is not worth that to anyone but a Bills fan.