Benoit's tweet about Hyde and how it relates to 2017 Bills D

Logic

Hyde was a tremendous signing, he can not only play S,nickel and outside but he can excel at all 3. I'm much happier we signed him than Gilmore for 14m a year.

I also think Darby/Seymour can grow to be an excellent duo. Rex put so much pressure on CB's in particular, I expect a big years for those 2

Back to Hyde, he really is just a complete football player. He's maybe not elite at any 1 aspect of being a DB, but very good at all aspects- coverage, tackling , forcing turnovers. Suprised GB didn't re sign him, always respected his game when watching the Pack play.

McDermott may only use two LBs but they need to have great coverage skills while the CBs are playing zone.

IMO LB is a much bigger need than CB because none of our LBs are great at coverage right now. Really hope we get Zach back.

I'm sorry, what?

Brown isn't phenomenal in coverage, and we have no idea about Ragland, but in no way do I see that as worse than our DB situation.

At the very least we could throw Brown, Ragland and LorAx out there, but right now our CB starters are Darby and Seymour. We need help, fast.

If Hyde will be used as a nickel back, and we will be in nickel and dime 65% of the time

Yes I concur, and I am 100% convinced it will be a nice upgrade on NRC, and a turn into a solid but signing

Problem is Hyde was a very expensive FA signing and is getting serious S/C starting money, not nickel money

Even though he is not a proven NFL ready starting safety or cornerback

More a nickel slot CB who subbed in as starting C when there were injuries

GB had two much better starting safeties and preferred other corners to Hyde starting

So I cringe a bit when folks insist he will be one of our starting safeties

He's unproven

So I'm not yet convinced he is an upgrade over Graham and or a healthy Williams

Willing to be proved wrong but it'll have to be by play on the field not on a message board or off season hype

And it does not preclude using a hight draft pick next month on a starting safety

jc

Edited by wilcoam